A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:53:16 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rotting Racist Underbelly of the Tea Party Protests 4/15  (Read 42236 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 08:38:13 pm »

I was at the U at TU for a couple of those Viet-Nam war protests - even got teargassed once.  Good times!

Anyone remember the "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers"? 
Motto;  Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.

Yep,... no beer.

Ahhhhhhhhh, the good ole days.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Quinton
Activist

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 07:54:10 am »

http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2009/04/wheres-media-rotting-racist-underbelly.html

"Many white supremacists report planning to attend Tea Parties or already have and some are looking for a way to recruit into their White Nationalist movement. There’s an awful lot of Tea Party chatter among these folks. Why doesn’t the media cover this angle?"

watch the video folks.....[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNQUA0bI5b0&eurl=http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2009/04/wheres-media-rotting-racist-underbelly.html&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Oh please,another conservative conspiracy I suppose. Roll Eyes

Liberalism is a mental disorder
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 03:25:11 pm »

I bet you could smell the crazy.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100402_11_0_Antigo807277

Anti-government rhetoric and country music echoed through the QuikTrip Center Friday afternoon in advance of the Tea Party Express.

Speakers including state Rep. Mike Ritze, R-Broken Arrow, and state Sen. Randy Brogdon, a Republican candidate for governor, lambasted President Obama and exhorted the virtues of gun ownership and limited government.

Signs with slogans such as "Obama Must Fail So America Doesn't" and "Obama Is An Illegal Immigrant" were much in evidence in an Expo Square crowd that had reached several hundred by 3:30 p.m.

The Tea Party Express is a touring political event backed by FreedomWorks, an organization affiliated with Koch Industries and Americans for Prosperity, a leading pro-business lobbying organization.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 04:00:30 pm »

Sounds like a gun show but without the guns...wait a minute...this IS the TP we're talking about.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 04:02:26 pm »

Oh please,another conservative conspiracy I suppose. Roll Eyes

Mostly conservatives are the ones who subscribe to the 'birther' insanity.

I'll take that 'obvious' sign off my back now.
 Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 12:51:52 pm »

This vid nails the lies:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UIUdDMbeU&feature=player_embedded#[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 01:08:17 pm »

Nothing to tell truth from fiction in that vid....more like friction, but still mainly fiction.

Guidoedoe, I get the impression you have a complex developed from people accusing you of being a racist. Were you hanging out over the weekend in a Tulsa educational facility?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 01:26:42 pm »

Were you hanging out over the weekend in a Tulsa educational facility?

Nope, I worked on another civil rights lawsuit for a plaintiff. How about you? What have you done lately to advance the civil rights cause?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 01:32:30 pm »

Nope, I worked on another civil rights lawsuit for a plaintiff. How about you? What have you done lately to advance the civil rights cause?

The civil rights of a white supremacist, I'm certain

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 01:34:19 pm »

The civil rights of a white supremacist, I'm certain

Probably being forced to pay for their digital cable.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 01:35:40 pm »

Probably being forced to pay for their digital cable.

At the risk of being called a post padder, I can't resist.

bucking awesome!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 12:07:35 pm »

I think its funny that vietnam protesters are making fun of the tea baggers - different sides to the same coin.  At heart each group has real political agendas that make sense.  But in reality one is hate filled beer swigging religious fascist zealots and the other is pot smoking draft dodging idealist pinko hippies.  At least when you boil it down to the correlated perception of each...

I don't remember a chair and a cooler of beer to protest vietnam either, but there were blankets and bags of weed.   Grin

And in the end, neither makes much of a difference.  The more everyone pretends things have changed the more they just stay the same.  Bush lies.  Obama lies.   Yippie!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 12:08:51 pm »

I think its funny that vietnam protesters are making fun of the tea baggers - different sides to the same coin.  At heart each group has real political agendas that make sense.  But in reality one is hate filled beer swigging religious fascist zealots and the other is pot smoking draft dodging idealist pinko hippies.  At least when you boil it down to the correlated perception of each...

I don't remember a chair and a cooler of beer to protest vietnam either, but there were blankets and bags of weed.   Grin

And in the end, neither makes much of a difference.  The more everyone pretends things have changed the more they just stay the same.  Bush lies.  Obama lies.   Yippie!

And the hippies were thirstier...

Lest anyone think that Tea Partiers are all hateful, disaffected Repiglicans, according to one poll 13% say they are Democrats.

O"f the 17% who claim allegiance to the tea party movement, 28% say they are independents, and 13% are Democrats. So four out of 10 aren’t Republicans."

http://www.southernpoliticalreport.com/storylink_45_1343.aspx

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:15:17 pm by Conan71 » Logged

fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 12:19:33 pm »

Doones has been all over it!

* db100329.gif (49.31 KB - downloaded 447 times.)
* db100403.gif (50.9 KB - downloaded 449 times.)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 11:28:16 am »

Figures I would hear loud crickets from this loser who talks a good game but does sh!t in the real world to advance the cause of civil rights. Anyway, look at all these racists at the tea parties:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcsnWLLdl70[/youtube]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org