A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:32:03 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rotting Racist Underbelly of the Tea Party Protests 4/15  (Read 42265 times)
FOTD
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:43:15 am »

http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2009/04/wheres-media-rotting-racist-underbelly.html

"Many white supremacists report planning to attend Tea Parties or already have and some are looking for a way to recruit into their White Nationalist movement. There’s an awful lot of Tea Party chatter among these folks. Why doesn’t the media cover this angle?"

watch the video folks.....[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNQUA0bI5b0&eurl=http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2009/04/wheres-media-rotting-racist-underbelly.html&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

* FearCard.png (17.7 KB - downloaded 699 times.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:46:09 am by FOTD » Logged
TeeDub
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 12:05:19 pm »

I never thought of it that way...   My displeasure with the government (both parties mind you, Republicans had their chance and instead spent like drunken Democrats,) is really a clever ruse to hide the fact that I hate blacks.

I love how people can bend the truth to distort the facts...

Maybe you should tell us again how Bush orchestrated the trade center collapse.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 12:19:52 pm »

I heard on the radio someone had complained that the Tea Party protests were "too white" to wish the nationally syndicated host replied "yeah, but 98% of the taxes are paid by white people, so what do you expect?"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 12:39:19 pm »

Everyone knows these were just KKK recruiting events, Grizzle.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:41:11 pm »

Next year I plan on refusing to pay my taxes all together, because I hate black people.

/sarcasm  (just in case someones a total idiot)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:46:37 pm »

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that right-wing hate groups didn't use them to their advantage. I seem to vaguely recall a militia movement and a bombing of a certain OKC federal building that grew out of this same sentiment that conveniently raised its head immediately after a Democrat was elected...

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 01:06:02 pm »

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that right-wing hate groups didn't use them to their advantage. I seem to vaguely recall a militia movement and a bombing of a certain OKC federal building that grew out of this same sentiment that conveniently raised its head immediately after a Democrat was elected...

What about the left-wing hate groups and their events after Republicans get elected?  Wink

I've stayed out of the discussions on the Tea Parties to now and have had zero interest in attending them.  Personally, I think it's further fomenting the partisan rift in our country which think that is one of the biggest stumbling blocks we have toward overall progress.  On the odd occasion that my radio dial finds Hannity, I'm more and more concerned about the exaggerated BS he's pumping.  He kept hammering on the relationships with Bill Ayers, Father Flager, et.al. for weeks AFTER the election was over.  Savage is getting even worse, he sounds totally paranoid now.

Do I completely agree with the direction President Obama is steering the country?  No.  Do we need such shrill partisanship to oppose it?  No.  I don't see what it's helping, and I really don't have the patience to listen to this smile for the next 3 3/4 years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 01:39:32 pm »

Next year I plan on refusing to pay my taxes all together, because I hate black people.

/sarcasm  (just in case someones a total idiot)

You are a racist!!!

/sarcasm  (just in case FOTD continues being FOTD)

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 03:04:44 pm »

What about the left-wing hate groups and their events after Republicans get elected?  Wink

I've stayed out of the discussions on the Tea Parties to now and have had zero interest in attending them.  Personally, I think it's further fomenting the partisan rift in our country which think that is one of the biggest stumbling blocks we have toward overall progress.  On the odd occasion that my radio dial finds Hannity, I'm more and more concerned about the exaggerated BS he's pumping.  He kept hammering on the relationships with Bill Ayers, Father Flager, et.al. for weeks AFTER the election was over.  Savage is getting even worse, he sounds totally paranoid now.

Do I completely agree with the direction President Obama is steering the country?  No.  Do we need such shrill partisanship to oppose it?  No.  I don't see what it's helping, and I really don't have the patience to listen to this smile for the next 3 3/4 years.

+1
waterboy
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 05:50:52 pm »

Well said Conan. Hannity is downright scary. I also have refused to discuss the tea baggers except to ask the simple question, "where have you guys been the last two or three decades?"  No good rationalizations have emerged yet.

But what really caught my attention was how this was foisted on Tulsa and by who. Conservative media who dominate the airwaves, Republicans who are looking for a cause and Libertarians who naively think either of the other two parties are really interested in the same things they are. Gun nuts and racist Nazis see opportunity as well.

The visitors to the demonstration at Lafortune Park commandeered the parking lots of the nearby shopping center congesting their opportunities for commercial business. Parked their big 'ol SUV's, trucks and Lexii in a privately owned shopping center without conscience and probably ruined sales for the day.

Those who attended the one at Veterans Park may have noticed that they parked their big 'ol gas guzzlers ALL OVER THE PARK! Illegal, inconsiderate and made more of a statement about them than about their demonstration over unfair taxes. And that statement was, "We are special and our cause is noble so we can justify using other peoples property for ourselves to get what we want."
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 08:11:14 am »

Waterboy,

Politics makes strange bed fellows.  If the super right wing vote or the super left wing vote is on board with my vision of a better tax system, then I'm happy to use them for my ends to that goal.  Just because I share the idea of a better tax system with someone who is a Nazi, an anti-globalizationist who hates big government for other reasons, a member of the KKK, or someone who voted for Kucinich - doesn't mean I want to run out and join them on their other causes.  Nor, I suspect, they on mine. 

During the Vietnam war some white supremacist groups wanted to end the drafting of black men because they thought it degraded the military (and that's why the war wasn't going well).  The Black Panthers wanted pretty much the same thing.  But I bet they didn't agree on much else.

At the tax rallies I'm sure there were jerks, buttholes, gun nuts, racists, and whatever else you can come up with.  Just like at every economic summit cop cars always seem to burst into flames and stores lose windows.  It doesn't mean the cause lacks merit and it doesn't mean that MOST of the protestors aren't there with legitimate aims.

Frankly, I just glad to see citizenry out (peacefully) protesting in Tulsa.  Anything really.  I even look forward to the God Hates Fags people and/or Nazi's to come to town.  This town is so (ambivalent, lethargic - what word am I looking for here?), they don't really care about much enough to actually say something about it in public.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
waterboy
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 07:49:56 am »

CF,

I can understand why you would tolerate unseemly alliances to accomplish a "good". Teamwork is not foreign to me and we certainly used the concept during WWII and the cold war. I always look for some common thread with my fellow man. However, I don't think that lowering tax burdens, which will always, and have always, seemed too high and poorly spent, is a strong enough common motive to ally with those who would subjugate their fellow man over race, sex, religion or politics. This is not war. I just am careful who I run with.

The potential for violent division that Hannity, Limbaugh et al are fertilizing feverishly will come back to haunt them. I was alive when this same undercurrent was being fed in the early 60's. This feels the same. It led to the assassination of several popular politicians and the alienation of a generation.

Not to be too serious though. I agree its refreshing to see Tulsan's get excited by something and get off their sofas for something other than a festival or the fair.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »

Coming up on a year of The Teahad....

"And just compare the Republican attitudes toward political “anger” during the Bush years with their new-found appreciation for anger today. The anger now is fully justified because “Washington Democrats just aren’t listening,” John Boehner maintains.

In other words, if you were angry about Bush’s actions, you were irrational, but if you’re furious about Obama’s policies on health reform, your fury is considered “understandable.”

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2010/032710a.html

The Tea Party movement employs violence and threats of violence to try to scare government into changing its agenda and voters into supporting right-wing candidates. Using fear of violence to try to change behavior has a name, it's called, "Terrorism." The Tea Party movement is rapidly becoming a terrorist movement and should be labeled as such.

With No Jobs, Plenty of Time for Tea Party
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/us/politics/28teaparty.html

Burning Man for fat white people. I don't remember sitting in chairs with coolers full of beer when we were protesting the Vietnam or other wars.

These people are just there to get drunk.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:22:40 pm by fotd » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 09:36:52 pm »

And yet, no one can explain how the Tea Baggers can be so upset about tax hikes when they just got the biggest tax cut in the history of the world.  So, the whole premise is built on a lie.  And we saw from Iraq the power of the "big lie".

And Hannity has a long, long history as a liar.  As recently as this last Presidential election, he was still trotting out the old (8 years old!) garbage he spewed for 8 years during Billy-Bob's time in office.  The lies he continued throughout 2008 about how the Clinton's left the White House taking all the art from the walls with them, stealing computers, and coating all the desks and vertical surfaces with feces.

Yeah,... there's a class act.  ALL of it low.

As many reasons as there were to be against Clinton, why do all the lies?  Well, I guess because they can't rile up their following with just the truth.  Truth 1 about Billy-Bob;  he wasn't all that bad for the simple fact that he was unable to do anything to really do damage to us, with the exception of a piddly little amount of "assault rifle" ban.  That was ineffective and short lived.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 09:48:15 pm »

I don't remember sitting in chairs with coolers full of beer when we were protesting the Vietnam or other wars.

I went fishing on the Chesapeake Bay.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org