A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:50:21 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Tea Party Video (April 15th 2009)  (Read 4962 times)
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« on: April 16, 2009, 09:59:30 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnI7sE-EtEw[/youtube]

I was leery of all the Fox hosts putting their weight behind this event.  I now think that they are trying to polarize the population to keep the left and right infighting so congress can continue to do whatever it wants.  I am pleased to say that this event was not an Obama bashing event and most everyone agreed this in a bipartisan issue.

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
Educate, Advocate, Disseminate
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:33:40 am »

5 minutes of waisted time and waisted space.

These future politicians are making no difference.

Where were they for 8 years?

and there's this!
"Fair and balanced" Fox News is anything but in coverage of tea parties
http://mediamatters.org/items/200904160011?f=h_top

Culture of Conservative Paranoia Running Rampant on Fox News
http://mediamatters.org/items/200904140017?f=h_top

Meantime, Boss Limbaugh expresses sympathy for pirates, Texas Gov. wants to secede, and the movement builds for progressive taxation.

While foreclosures are %46 higher now than last year at this time and the number of people getting jobless benefits topped 6 million for the first time last week.

"What's this whole world coming to?
Everytime the hunter gets captured by the game..."
(Garcia/Hunter)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:02:06 am by FOTD » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 12:49:51 pm »

Just a tip:

If you want to be taken seriously, don't lead with a minute of Paul Tay. 

I notice the attention whore from Owasso was featured as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 01:44:55 pm »

Just a tip:

I saw Tay at the rally at the courthouse trying to get people to sign a petition. He was not well received.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 01:47:11 pm »

[youtube]

I was leery of all the Fox hosts putting their weight behind this event.  I now think that they are trying to polarize the population to keep the left and right infighting so congress can continue to do whatever it wants.  I am pleased to say that this event was not an Obama bashing event and most everyone agreed this in a bipartisan issue.

Were you one of those anti-protesters at LaFortune shouting from behind the yellow tape and pushing the troofer stuff? 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 01:52:10 pm »

Just a tip:

Paul Tay did a great intro that is why I used it.  You people here at Tulsanow love Tay anyway. 

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 01:55:03 pm »

Were you one of those anti-protesters at LaFortune shouting from behind the yellow tape and pushing the troofer stuff? 

I was at the protest down town but did not make it to the la fortune park.  I did know the people at la fortune that were stuffed into a "free speech zone".  Let me see here Free Speech Zone, United States of America home of the free, land of the brave.... Those two just don't mix.

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 03:51:44 pm »

Wait, I'm confused.  Was this a pro-tea, or anti-tea demonstration?

I think that Johnny's Hamburgers had the best iced tea in town.  But they've closed their 51st and Harvard location...

I like camomile tea all right, but I'm not passionate enough to go to a demonstration one way or the other...

Republicans must have strong opinions about tea.

I wonder what would happen if they took the Pepsi Challenge?!
joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 02:18:23 pm »

[url]http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04/twitterraid.html/url]

FBI Arrests Oklahoma Teabagger For Twitter Threats
An Oklahoma City man who announced on Twitter that he would turn an April 15 tax protest into a bloodbath was hit with a federal charge of making interstate threats last week, in what appears to be first criminal prosecution to stem from posts on the microblogging site.
Daniel Knight Hayden, 52, was arrested by FBI agents who identified him as the Twitter user CitizenQuasar. In a series of tweets beginning April 11, CitizenQuasar vowed to start a "war" against the government on the steps of the Oklahoma City Capitol building, the site of that city's version of the national "Tea Party" protests promoted by the conservative-leaning Fox News.
"START THE KILLING NOW! I am willing to be the FIRST DEATH!," read a tweet at 8:01 PM that day. "After I am killed on the Capitol Steps, like a REAL man, the rest of you will REMEMBER ME!!!," he added five minutes later. Then: "Send the cops around. I will cut their heads off the heads and throw the[m] on the State Capitol steps."
/quote]

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
FOTD
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 02:24:57 pm »

[url]http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04/twitterraid.html/url]

FBI Arrests Oklahoma Teabagger For Twitter Threats
An Oklahoma City man who announced on Twitter that he would turn an April 15 tax protest into a bloodbath was hit with a federal charge of making interstate threats last week, in what appears to be first criminal prosecution to stem from posts on the microblogging site.
Daniel Knight Hayden, 52, was arrested by FBI agents who identified him as the Twitter user CitizenQuasar. In a series of tweets beginning April 11, CitizenQuasar vowed to start a "war" against the government on the steps of the Oklahoma City Capitol building, the site of that city's version of the national "Tea Party" protests promoted by the conservative-leaning Fox News.
"START THE KILLING NOW! I am willing to be the FIRST DEATH!," read a tweet at 8:01 PM that day. "After I am killed on the Capitol Steps, like a REAL man, the rest of you will REMEMBER ME!!!," he added five minutes later. Then: "Send the cops around. I will cut their heads off the heads and throw the[m] on the State Capitol steps."
/quote]

for more info see:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13281.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org