A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:53 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chickenfoot  (Read 9261 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: April 13, 2009, 09:50:33 am »

Here is a sample from one of the latest "supergroup":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_EMFYrZVrw&feature=related

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:46 am »

Nah, here's the latest supergroup (trivia: had their first show in Tulsa)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7y1UxNkHM[/youtube]
rwarn17588
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:23:07 am »

Thanks for posting that, grizz.

Can you say power pop?  Smiley

Karma for you.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:33:07 am »

Okay, no cheating here by looking on their web site, can anyone identify the drummer in Tinted Windows?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:20:48 am »

Okay, no cheating here by looking on their web site, can anyone identify the drummer in Tinted Windows?

I admit I had to check, but only to verify afterwards that it was indeed Cheap Trick's drummer Bun E. Carlos.  How cool is that?  He hardly looks any different.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:34 am »

I really didn't recognize him.  A friend of mine had his pic taken with the guys from Cheap Trick probably 12-15 years ago, and Bun E. has gotten a lot grayer since then.  My younger daughter lucked out and got to go to the show at Bob's (Cain's) with my friend and his daughter.  She got her picture taken with Bun E. and didn't realize what a big deal Cheap Trick was back in the day.  She said "He just looked like someone's grandpa to me."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 12:33:19 pm »

I tried to buy tickets but they were sold out. I was more interested in seeing James Iha and Adam Schlessinger and not that excited about Bun E Carlos.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 12:46:05 pm »

Um, any thoughts about the Chickenfoot project?

I mean, come on, I have never hijacked a thread.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 12:59:52 pm »

Not bad but it sounds just like everything else Sammy Hagar does, and I've never been much of a Hagar fan, no matter whose backing him.
rwarn17588
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 01:07:04 pm »

Um, any thoughts about the Chickenfoot project?

Note to Chickenfoot: it's not a good idea to let nearly a minute go by before starting the vocals. And the song could've be chopped by at least two minutes without hurting it any. Too much wanking.

It's a bunch of Grade B rockers that have been past their prime for at least 15 years. Meh.

Tinted Windows sounded a lot better. Plus the band has a local connection.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 01:08:56 pm by rwarn17588 » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 01:43:03 pm »

I'd like to hear more of their stuff, but I'm kind of like Rwarn on this one.  No doubt they've got some creds, but the sound of the track you linked to is a bit dated, IMO.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 01:59:45 pm »

I thought this was another frivolous lawsuit thread.  Figured someone found a chicken foot at McDonald's or something.   Undecided

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org