A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:53:42 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ISO: The Best Steakhouse  (Read 25097 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 04:48:46 pm »

Mahogany is my favorite, and one of the nicest restaurants in Tulsa up there with Polo Grill, Warren Duck Club, French Hen, Palace Cafe, and Bodeans.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 02:19:18 pm »

I have always enjoyed Spudder and Silver Flame..the new location for Jamils is successful, we have eaten there and quality has been spotty of late. Eddy's used to be great but don't know whats up with the chef as last time we were there spicing was non existent - thought I was eating hospital food sorry to say. Mahogony is excellent but man o man  yes they are pricey and you need to dress up for the occasion. I would kill for a great steak myself closer to TU or even downtown..I get south of 31 st and I get nervous ha..

Go to Brothers Houligan just east of 15th & Lewis.  Get the T-bone.

Wilbur
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 03:55:48 pm »

Another great place, and this is going to sound strange, but In The Raw has GREAT steaks.  After having a couple people tell me I had to try them, I did, and was not disappointed.
Gold
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 08:36:58 am »

I have always enjoyed Spudder and Silver Flame..the new location for Jamils is successful, we have eaten there and quality has been spotty of late. Eddy's used to be great but don't know whats up with the chef as last time we were there spicing was non existent - thought I was eating hospital food sorry to say. Mahogony is excellent but man o man  yes they are pricey and you need to dress up for the occasion. I would kill for a great steak myself closer to TU or even downtown..I get south of 31 st and I get nervous ha..

Try Eddy's, 31st and Harvard.

This thread pretty much nailed it.  Polo, Mahoganey, and Fleming's (even if it is a chain) are sort of in their own category.

The Lebanese places deserve their own special category. Right now, I think Freddie's is the best of the group.  I grew up on Jamil's, but I'm not as happy with them since they moved.  Need to try it again.  And the aformentioned Eddie's is a good deal and comparable to both.

Also, there are several other places in town that do a pretty mean steak.  I like the one at Keo quite a bit.  You can't go wrong with one from Brasserie, either.  And no thread about steak can occur without a mention of Steakfinger's, downtown.   Wink
mrburns918
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 11:44:11 am »

Try Eddy's, 31st and Harvard.

This thread pretty much nailed it.  Polo, Mahoganey, and Fleming's (even if it is a chain) are sort of in their own category.

The Lebanese places deserve their own special category. Right now, I think Freddie's is the best of the group.  I grew up on Jamil's, but I'm not as happy with them since they moved.  Need to try it again.  And the aformentioned Eddie's is a good deal and comparable to both.

Also, there are several other places in town that do a pretty mean steak.  I like the one at Keo quite a bit.  You can't go wrong with one from Brasserie, either.  And no thread about steak can occur without a mention of Steakfinger's, downtown.   Wink

I went to Eddy's on Harvard a couple of times last month after not dining there for over ten years. It was really good. I thought the steaks were excellent.

Avalon has gone to heck since moving just like Jamil's. Surprisingly, KilKenny's makes a great New York Strip.

Mr. Burns

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 11:55:19 am »

In the days of yonder I would have put The Green Onion on the list (blackened prime rib was excellent).

For downtown area steaks

Casual
Caz's Chowhouse
Oscar's
McNellie's

Higher End
Lola's
SoChey
Daily Grill 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 12:42:34 pm »

Anyone tried a steak at the Chalkboard in the Ambassador Hotel?  I keep meaning to try that place.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 01:53:35 pm »

What is it with you and mean food?  I really like polite steak much better than the mean ones.  Does anyone do a steak that's just slightly rude?

(Not picking on you Gold, just couldn't help it)

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 03:35:17 pm »

What is it with you and mean food?  I really like polite steak much better than the mean ones.  Does anyone do a steak that's just slightly rude?

(Not picking on you Gold, just couldn't help it)

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Corner Cafe makes a pretty rude steak, I'd imagine.  Wink
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 03:39:36 pm »

Since Rosie's closed, I have not been able to find a place worthy of suggesting to others.  But I'm a very picky steak eater.

I've just gotten really good at preparing my own with that triple burner grill on my patio.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 07:59:41 am »

Anyone tried a steak at the Chalkboard in the Ambassador Hotel?  I keep meaning to try that place.

Yes, steak and eggs for breakfast and brunch and I've had them for dinner.

They've all been excellent.

I eat mine rare to mid-rare so I can only give my opinion for that temp range.  I have no idea how they taste non-cool center.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 11:35:10 am »

McGill's has excellent steaks and seafood, not cheap, though.

A different sort of steak house...Shogun, or Osaka hibachi grills. Great steaks and a very fun presentation.

Haven't been to Spudder in a long time, but they were always excellent when I did go.

mrburns918
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 01:40:37 pm »

Seeing Mark at El Rio Verde today reminded me that the steak I had a "Lucky's" was nothing short of heavenly. Worth every penny, perfectly cooked. I should have remembered this in my previous post.

Mr. Burns

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 10:48:57 am »

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Corner Cafe makes a pretty rude steak, I'd imagine.  Wink

Well, Burger King now has an "Angry Whopper".  I wonder what they did to piss it off??

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 03:27:25 pm »

This thread makes me want to go to Freddie's. It's been months since I've been and I'm craving their tabouli and cabbage rolls with a side of steak.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org