A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:02:13 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ISO: The Best Steakhouse  (Read 25087 times)
Caldera
« on: April 10, 2009, 06:34:39 pm »

Hoping to get some opinions, and suggestions...

My husband's b-day is next week and he wants to go for a good steak.  So, I am in search of the best steak in Tulsa or the surrounding areas!

We have tried several different steakhouses, and have had mixed experiences...even when the place was highly recommended.
I'm interested in hearing which restaurants that people like for steak.  I'm as equally interested in places that y'all have tried and didn't like...

Also, the place doesn't need to be fancy, in fact my darling hubby would probably prefer that he not have to wear a tie!

Thanks in advance!  Smiley
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:48:41 pm »

What kind of price range are you looking at?
Caldera
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:44:50 pm »

What kind of price range are you looking at?

I am open to any price range, so long as the food is good!  We eat at dives, and fine restaurants, and enjoy both!  Wink
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:54:03 pm »

I like the steaks at the Polo Grill in Utica Square probably the best.

Mahogony's makes a fine steak, but they are too proud of them and price them out of my range. The last steak place I went to was the Cattleman's Steakhouse over behind Drysdale's. It was excellent.

I also like the Spudder, Eddy's, and Freddie's in Sapulpa.

I would avoid the Silver Flame, Outback, and any of the Golden Corral/Western Sizzlen/Ryan's places. At those, you can still see where the jockey whipped them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:33:16 am by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
Mjcpr
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:54:38 pm »

I will second Freddie's in Sapulpa....plus, they have FANTASTIC tabouli.

I have never tried the Spudder but I've heard good things. 

As far as chain steak houses go, I always felt like Lone Star made a pretty good steak, although, it has been a while since I've been to one. 
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:39:42 pm »

I think I've been to all of the Steakhouses in Tulsa and I believe Mahogony's is the best. It's expensive but it is great!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:42:25 pm by MH2010 » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 12:06:12 am »

I've always wanted to make the offer for someone who asked on TN.  One reason I seldom eat steak or BBQ out is that I'm frequently disappointed if it did not come from my own smoker or grill.  I'd love to do a catered anniversary dinner for a couple for free.  For no other reason than to make their day special.  It would not be long on showmanship, but would be long on attention, quality, and flavor.

Let me know if you are interested.  I bet I could talk Cannon_Fodder & Recyclemichael into helping out to make your evening the best. So long as it's not next Sat. I choud make this happen.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 12:18:02 am »

I've always wanted to make the offer for someone who asked on TN.  One reason I seldom eat steak or BBQ out is that I'm frequently disappointed if it did not come from my own smoker or grill.  I'd love to do a catered anniversary dinner for a couple for free.  For no other reason than to make their day special.  It would not be long on showmanship, but would be long on attention, quality, and flavor.

Let me know if you are interested.  I bet I could talk Cannon_Fodder & Recyclemichael into helping out to make your evening the best. So long as it's not next Sat. I choud make this happen.

If you don't take them up on their offer, I'll gladly step in and accept the steak dinner. Yum!

---Robert
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 06:29:43 am »

But not next Saturday? Is that because you're making me a steak dinner for my birthday? How sweet.  Grin
Wilbur
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 06:35:38 am »

Ditto on Mahogony's.

Bring your credit card.  Not your checkbook, your credit card.  Very expensive.
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 07:27:47 am »

Spudder definitely.
orion
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 10:52:19 am »

I have always enjoyed Spudder and Silver Flame..the new location for Jamils is successful, we have eaten there and quality has been spotty of late. Eddy's used to be great but don't know whats up with the chef as last time we were there spicing was non existent - thought I was eating hospital food sorry to say. Mahogony is excellent but man o man  yes they are pricey and you need to dress up for the occasion. I would kill for a great steak myself closer to TU or even downtown..I get south of 31 st and I get nervous ha..
Danny
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 12:08:06 pm »

my personal favorite is The Spudder, but I have heard great things from Does Eat Place on Cherry street.
No doubt that Mahogonys is good, but I think you can get as good or better for less.

I havent been for a while, but Mollys Landing, on the river between Catoosa and Claremore was always very good as well, and a cool atmosphere too, rustic and country, the menus are on a boat oar.

BUT.....the very best in town are in my own backyard.
FOTD
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 12:15:55 pm »

Is Hari still chef at Spudder?....best Tomato soup eva.

But Mahogany's NY Strip wins out.
Ribeye from Stonehorse close 2nd....
Danny
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 12:47:16 pm »

Is Hari still chef at Spudder?....best Tomato soup eva.

and also the best potatoe soup
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org