A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:36:24 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Thai Restaurant in Town?  (Read 15716 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 09:40:53 am »

That in the same center with Napoli's?  Or the one where Rib Crib is at?  I might have to give that a try.

It is behind the Rib Crib and the Church's...   Next to the All American.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:24 am »

Technically, Hmong Cafe is Laotian food. The Yang family is from Laos. The food is great. I especially like their lo mein.

Bangkok is my favorite Thai buffet. I think he was the first local Southeast Asian restaurant locally to go MSG-free.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 10:55:34 am »

I will agree that Hmong Cafe is pretty good.

---Robert
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 11:27:50 am »

Technically, Hmong Cafe is Laotian food. The Yang family is from Laos. The food is great. I especially like their lo mein.

Bangkok is my favorite Thai buffet. I think he was the first local Southeast Asian restaurant locally to go MSG-free.

Darn!  I love MSG.  That's why I eat lots of tomatoes, mushrooms and dairy. 

They contain very high amounts of MSG.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 01:01:01 pm »

I've generally avoided buffets after seeing some of the customer's spotty hygiene.  Besides, food kept out on a steam table just doesn't taste as good as something made fresh. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
buckeye
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 10:16:05 am »

Thai Siam gets my vote.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 02:12:39 pm »

It's funny that no one has mentioned the more popular and more expensive Thai places.

I'll go with Thai Siam also, though. Excellent food at reasonable prices brings me back every time.

Bumby
Activist

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 03:08:37 pm »

I've generally avoided buffets after seeing some of the customer's spotty hygiene.  Besides, food kept out on a steam table just doesn't taste as good as something made fresh.

Bangkok works pretty hard at keeping the food on the buffet fresh.  They put out small amounts...often. 
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 04:41:20 pm »

Owasso is getting a new Thai place where Il Vecchio's used to be.  They haven't opened yet, but there's a sign in the window saying they're hiring.

Once the place opens, I'll post about the food.  She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed likes Thai, and if there's one thing I've learned about being married, it's that my main job is to keep Mama happy!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 05:02:58 pm »

... and if there's one thing I've learned about being married, it's that my main job is to keep Mama happy!

I apparently never mastered that...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org