A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:41 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Los Unicos - 3rd and Lewis  (Read 10667 times)
Trent
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:10:45 pm »

So I finally went to Los Unicos and I thought it was quite good. I had the Taco platter with Asada tacos. I will have to say that it was a bit daunting because of the language barrier.

I know at least one other person here has raved about this spot. Any suggestions for ordering? The menu is very confusing if you're "up to bat" all of the sudden.

How about the hot dogs and Polish dogs? I was actually trying to find a Chicago style dog but couldn't tell if that was an option.

\\trent
joiei
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:21:24 pm »

Why were you trying to get a Chicago dog at a Taco Truck?  Especially one where there is a language barrier.  Oh well.  I will keep ordering the tacos at Los Unicos.  Delicious. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:35:34 pm »

Haven't heard of Los Unicos, only Las Americas in that area.
Trent
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 10:31:50 pm »

@joiei:

Trying here but maybe not getting it. If you can get a dog there I'm asking if you can get a kraut dog there? That would be the question. If not suggestions?

Obviously I went with the fare served there and it was good. I was just casting about for two things - to make it simple.

#1 Is this a Latin only establishment (which is good)
#2 Can they do a relish dog, chicago dog etc.?

It would seem perfectly logical to get a decent x.dog (whatever) at a dog truck? Am I confused?

I really am asking what is available at what seems a fully above board diner with good food. I can certainly muster enough Spanish to handle the trick, I just dont know the grammar... to be polite.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:46:27 am »

Haven't heard of Los Unicos, only Las Americas in that area.
Los Unicos is the taco truck parked facing 2nd at Peoria next to the Amazon Laundrette.  Darn good tacos. 

groundhog
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 01:55:24 pm »

Why were you trying to get a Chicago dog at a Taco Truck?  Especially one where there is a language barrier.  Oh well.  I will keep ordering the tacos at Los Unicos.  Delicious. 

If you haven't tried the "loaded regular" hot dog, you are missing one of the best dishes at this cart.  Mike from Soundpony turned me on to this place as the best hot dog in town.  The thing is amazing. For a buck fifty you get a grilled dog loaded with bacon, relish, a stripe of mayo, onlions, cheese, and a super super hot sauce.  Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 02:10:38 pm »

I'll say that I didn't even know they had tacos. I've been getting their loaded dogs since it was just a hot dog cart out on the corner. Highly recommended.

Bumby
Activist

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 03:14:51 pm »

I knew they had other stuff besides dogs - but don't know why! The loaded hot link hot dog is mighty tasty.  I've been with them thru every expansion but I loved the little cart.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 03:27:01 pm »

If you haven't tried the "loaded regular" hot dog, you are missing one of the best dishes at this cart.  Mike from Soundpony turned me on to this place as the best hot dog in town.  The thing is amazing. For a buck fifty you get a grilled dog loaded with bacon, relish, a stripe of mayo, onlions, cheese, and a super super hot sauce.  Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
sounds like I need to expand my horizons at Los Unicos. 

joiei
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 03:49:24 pm »

I stopped off today for one of the hot dogs you all have been bragging on.  It was very good, I got the loaded one.   Now to find a day when Grumpy's is grilling dogs over on 15th, still my favorite. 

unknown
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 02:45:58 am »

Everything is amzing at Los Unicos! Try the Carne Asada Burrito, best burrtio period and it comes with excellant salsa. I also really love their Hot Links. I do feel like I have been cheating on Coney Islander, though Cry
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 12:43:06 pm »

Went to Los Unicos today for the first time.  We went for the tacos but will have to go back for the tacos.  With regards to the tacos, they are $1.35 each and come with onion, cilantro, a lime wedge, and salsa.  Meats are chicken, pork, carne asada, tongue, cheek, and probably one or two others I didn't remember.  We had a few chicken and pork tacos but will have to try some of the others.  They were excellent.

The hot dogs looked REALLY good.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 05:33:36 pm »

Anyone ever get the dogs off the cart at Lowe's at 15th & Yale on the weekends?  Pretty tasty and the proprietor is one heck of a nice guy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brianh
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 01:54:10 pm »

Los Unicos is the taco truck parked facing 2nd at Peoria next to the Amazon Laundrette.  Darn good tacos. 

Went here for the first time after reading the forum today. It is on Lewis no Peoria, I had a little trouble finding it until I figured that out. I got both a taco and a fully loaded hotlink dog, best hotdog I ever had. Taco was good too, but comparable to the red caboose on 11th and Lewis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org