A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:46:07 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolf Camera Closing  (Read 11585 times)
Hawkins
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:38 pm »

I'm disappointed that nobody finds it amusing that for years I though a 'Ritz Camera' was a brand of boat.

Grin
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 04:30:27 pm »

i always liked the Mazzios at that corner....

...and then the Atlanta Bakery that replaced it, which is now business space for a title abstract company.
Would have been nice if that corner had stayed a walkable destination for the neighborhood.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
textuality
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 08:42:17 pm »

...and then the Atlanta Bakery that replaced it, which is now business space for a title abstract company.
Would have been nice if that corner had stayed a walkable destination for the neighborhood.

When I worked there we got this response a lot. People really wanted another restaurant to go in (So did we). I can almost guarantee that "guaranty abstract" will take over Wolfs space. I know the owner of guaranty abstract was wanting Wolf out the day he moved in and at one time they were considering cutting into Wolfs back room. Guess its Mr. Kirkpatrick's lucky day!
mjchamplin
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 09:43:07 pm »

I'm disappointed that nobody finds it amusing that for years I though a 'Ritz Camera' was a brand of boat.

Grin

Ha! I overlooked that before. That's hilarious!

"We're taking the Ritz out this weekend, you and the Mrs. should join us!"
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:35 am »

I wish that I still had my medium format (2"x2" negative). I have to admit the digital gets more use but still love the warmth of film.

I've come across medium format cameras from time to time at yard sales.  I purchased a perfectly usable Rolleicord IV for $10, and a well-used Voightlander Bessa for $4.  The Bessa is a folder, so it was fun to keep in a pocket.  I used it until the shutter failed. 

Almost invariably, the owners say, "I don't think they make film for these anymore."  Then I go to Apertures for film.

If I come across any medium format cameras this season, I'll post about it here.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
mjchamplin
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 08:04:57 am »

I shoot with a Mamiya RB67. There's just something so nice about those big negatives.
mobboss
Activist

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 01:54:59 pm »

and i just saw the news that Wolf camera's closing sale will be run by the same company that handled Circuit City's closing...so that means inflated prices, then marked down so you think you are saving a buck, misleading ad's and zero assistance in the sale.

good luck, what a crappy exit.

mjchamplin
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 06:22:34 pm »

and i just saw the news that Wolf camera's closing sale will be run by the same company that handled Circuit City's closing...so that means inflated prices, then marked down so you think you are saving a buck, misleading ad's and zero assistance in the sale.

good luck, what a crappy exit.

Yeah you're right. They just took possession Friday.

The interesting thing about "zero assistance in the sale" is this: The liquidation company told us that we'd stay open as long we still had stuff to sell. Talk about motivation...Help sell things = get canned faster.

There has to be a better way to handle this sort of thing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org