A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:05:07 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tsunami Sushi  (Read 7111 times)
Elaine
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:59 pm »

Does anyone know if Tsunami Sushi Downtown will ever open back up? My friends and I miss it!
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:58:13 pm »

I worked there for 3 years. I left about 3 years ago, though. I do know, however, that Richard, the owner, left town. I have heard that Eliot Nelson will be taking that spot and installing his own Asian restaurant, but I doubt it will be the same, nor do I know if it will be sushi.

The Riverwalk location killed that business. It was too much, too early, and in the wrong location. I wanted to expand Tsunami into the current dwelling spaces location with a lounge/bar that would complement Tsunami, however, the Riverwalk idea prevailed and the rest is history.

It was fun while it lasted, and I will miss the late night original music on the weekends the most. There were some amazing performances by Tulsa's best talent. We also had many regional acts come through and play some great shows, too.

I am glad you miss it. I have always heard people on this board and eslwhere how bad the service was, but I can't be for sure at what time that was. We had so many regulars who raved about the place I don't know who it was that was complaining. Sushi takes time to prepare, and I think a lot of people don't acknowledge that fact. A cook/chef can often prepare several dishes at once, but a sushi chef must concentrate on 1 roll at a time.

Anyway, good luck to Eliot or whoever takes on that location, I will always a fond memories of it.

mrburns918
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:48:11 pm »

I worked there for 3 years. I left about 3 years ago, though. I do know, however, that Richard, the owner, left town. I have heard that Eliot Nelson will be taking that spot and installing his own Asian restaurant, but I doubt it will be the same, nor do I know if it will be sushi.

The Riverwalk location killed that business. It was too much, too early, and in the wrong location. I wanted to expand Tsunami into the current dwelling spaces location with a lounge/bar that would complement Tsunami, however, the Riverwalk idea prevailed and the rest is history.

It was fun while it lasted, and I will miss the late night original music on the weekends the most. There were some amazing performances by Tulsa's best talent. We also had many regional acts come through and play some great shows, too.

I am glad you miss it. I have always heard people on this board and eslwhere how bad the service was, but I can't be for sure at what time that was. We had so many regulars who raved about the place I don't know who it was that was complaining. Sushi takes time to prepare, and I think a lot of people don't acknowledge that fact. A cook/chef can often prepare several dishes at once, but a sushi chef must concentrate on 1 roll at a time.

Anyway, good luck to Eliot or whoever takes on that location, I will always a fond memories of it.

It was a great place to eat and socialize at night. I miss that part of it.

I was one of the people who posted and complained about Tsunami. Not the Tsunami I knew, I complained about the Tsunami that it had become the last year and half. It was a great place and my cousin rolled sushi there for a long time. I miss it.

Eliot, if you are doing something in the Tsunami location I would love to recommend something for your consideration regarding a menu item.

The item? Pho. Please, bring Pho downtown! Viet Huong and Saigon Palace are the places with the best Pho in Tulsa. I would love it if you added access to Pho downtown! Please?

Mr. Burns

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 02:15:07 pm »

I heard it was going to be similar to Te-Keis. Of course I originally heard Dilly Deli was supposed to be like Cosmo's, but it's not.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 04:10:01 pm »

I was one of the people who posted and complained about Tsunami. Not the Tsunami I knew, I complained about the Tsunami that it had become the last year and half. It was a great place and my cousin rolled sushi there for a long time. I miss it.

Eliot, if you are doing something in the Tsunami location I would love to recommend something for your consideration regarding a menu item.

The item? Pho. Please, bring Pho downtown! Viet Huong and Saigon Palace are the places with the best Pho in Tulsa. I would love it if you added access to Pho downtown! Please?

Mr. Burns

That makes me feel better about it. I hope that I was one of the people who was responsible for the Tsunami that you enjoyed.

And on the new menu items, pho is a great idea, and I think downtown would be a great place for bubble tea. Google it if you don't know what it is.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 05:49:50 am »

Please, bring Pho downtown!

I want Phee, Phie and Phum downtown as well.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 02:17:54 pm »

Mr. Burns

I would love some decent Asian cuisine downtown.  The Pho at Viet Huong is wonderful...
joiei
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »

I would love some decent Asian cuisine downtown.  The Pho at Viet Huong is wonderful...
That is not a bad request.  Maybe one of the downtown restaurateurs will get their act together and do something along these lines.   If the food is good I would be there.   I mean we have enough Mexican already and Italian also.  Lets get the ball rolling for some good Asian dining.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org