A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:06 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Named Most Dangerous City In Oklahoma  (Read 74258 times)
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2004, 02:30:27 pm »

I don't know what the deal was with the vehicle that went into the Arkansas river.  It happened on one of my days off.  Thank God for the 18 year old soldier. That could have been a real tragedy.

Just FYI:

Friday 1430 hours:

UDN  3 calls waiting assignment
UDE  2 calls waiting assignment
UDSW 1 call waiting assignment
rwarn17588
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2004, 04:52:09 pm »

I think Uranus needs to start drinking decaf.
D.Schuttler
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2004, 11:55:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MH2010

Just FYI:

Friday 1430 hours:

UDN  3 calls waiting assignment
UDE  2 calls waiting assignment
UDSW 1 call waiting assignment

Little too active in my area Thursday(withen a half mile,2 robberies,1 stabbing,1 shots fired....
 At least no helicopter was circling around all night but Oh, my house has been sound insulated for thousands of your tax dollars I forgot !!!! Must be the noise of the new air system when they do circle around. My Bad
Pluto74114
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2004, 08:34:16 am »

quote:
Originally posted by D.Schuttler

Just FYI:

Little too active in my area Thursday(withen a half mile,2 robberies,1 stabbing,1 shots fired....
 At least no helicopter was circling around all night but Oh, my house has been sound insulated for thousands of your tax dollars I forgot !!!! Must be the noise of the new air system when they do circle around. My Bad

Where do you live? I think I would move.
Rico
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2004, 08:18:19 am »

With the end of the year almost here I was wondering, just how valid is the statement, "Tulsa Named Most Dangerous City In Oklahoma"!!!?

After all I have read that this is all about the Police not getting more money.......

That we are being compared unreasonably to other Cities........    ETC....     ETC.....    ETC....

So I decided to look at the Crime Stats For 2004..

Although these figures are just tallied through October they give us a look at the end of the year numbers.......

HOMICIDE.. Stands at 40, Beating every Year other than 2003 and that is without November and December.

RAPE.. Stands at 298, Beating every year other than 2001 and 2003.. The number for 2001 was 300... The number for 2003 was 310........ I think when November and December are added in we will have a new record!........

ROBBERY.. Stands at 850 already ahead of 2000 and 2001, The 4 year average for November is 73.....
The four year average for December is 79......
Once these are added in we may have a New Record For Robbery as well.......
The Record was 953 set in 2002..........

Now for the GOOD News!!!..
ASSAULT.. Stands at 2879 through October... The four year average for November is 240... The four year average for December is 250.....  With these two added in at years end we may be below 2000 and 2001.. BUT  ABOVE 2002 AND 2003............

"LOOKS LIKE WE ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION MAYOR BILL!!!"  

Just one other short note I was wondering, and possibly MH2010 knows the answer,? Is the Tulsa Fire Dept undergoing the Same sort of Problems?HuhHuhHuh
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2004, 11:25:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

With the end of the year almost here I was wondering, just how valid is the statement, "Tulsa Named Most Dangerous City In Oklahoma"!!!?

After all I have read that this is all about the Police not getting more money.......

That we are being compared unreasonably to other Cities........    ETC....     ETC.....    ETC....

So I decided to look at the Crime Stats For 2004..

Although these figures are just tallied through October they give us a look at the end of the year numbers.......

HOMICIDE.. Stands at 40, Beating every Year other than 2003 and that is without November and December.

RAPE.. Stands at 298, Beating every year other than 2001 and 2003.. The number for 2001 was 300... The number for 2003 was 310........ I think when November and December are added in we will have a new record!........

ROBBERY.. Stands at 850 already ahead of 2000 and 2001, The 4 year average for November is 73.....
The four year average for December is 79......
Once these are added in we may have a New Record For Robbery as well.......
The Record was 953 set in 2002..........

Now for the GOOD News!!!..
ASSAULT.. Stands at 2879 through October... The four year average for November is 240... The four year average for December is 250.....  With these two added in at years end we may be below 2000 and 2001.. BUT  ABOVE 2002 AND 2003............

"LOOKS LIKE WE ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION MAYOR BILL!!!"  

Just one other short note I was wondering, and possibly MH2010 knows the answer,? Is the Tulsa Fire Dept undergoing the Same sort of Problems?HuhHuhHuh

TFD is having some of the same problems TPD is having. They did not have a fire academy for two years.  However, they are doing better with manpower issues because they are not having people leave at the rate we are.  One of the reasons is because there no federal agencies that raid TFD for recruits. There is no DEA,FBI,CIA,USMS, Secret Service ect for firefighters.

Back to why this thread was started, this thread began because KOTV did a story about Tulsa being Oklahoma's most dangerous city.  Also, the Federal government name Tulsa in the 15 cities where crime was so bad they were going to send extra federal agents to the cities to help.

Now, I will jump back on my soap box for a moment.....

The arguement moved to police pay because it a huge factor in fighting crime.  When police are paid more you get better applicants that make better police officers.(The academy class that starts in January will have 47 recruits. You know why there are 47 recruits? Because we could only find 47 qualified applicants out of the hiring pool.  They wanted 50 recruits but just couldn't find them in the application pool. More and more applicants are going to other agencies that pay better.)Experienced officers stay in Tulsa instead of moving to better paying jobs, and more pay for more police officers keep more police officers on the street.

Why does this help in fighting crime? Some people think that crime would be reported more because officers are catching more people but that is not the case.  Robbery, Rape, Burglary and property crimes are mainly crimes of opportunity. Drug dealers usually don't sell drugs when they can see a police car on the street or driving around an area.

(Here is an example...Go check out Kendell-Whittier apartment complexes next to Kindell-Whittier elementary school. [it's between Atlanta Avenue and Lewis Avenue on 4th Street, 5th street, 5th place and 6th street.]when police aren't patroling the area there are drug dealers and prostitutes flagging people down on the street corners. When police are actively patroling the area, they all disappear for awhile.)
With more police on the street, criminals won't have as many chances to commit the crimes or repeat offenders get caught more quickly.

On a brighter note, TPD may reopen the subdivisions after the academy class that just graduated finishes field training in June.
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2004, 01:48:02 pm »

Mexican Drug Lords Target U.S. Agents
FOX News
LAREDO, Texas -- In a new sign that drug-gang violence targeting Mexican law enforcement is bleeding across the border, Mexican drug gangs (search) are now offering a bounty for killing U.S. border agents and state and local law enforcers.

U.S. intelligence shows that Mexico's violent and notorious drug-trafficking gang, The Zetas, is targeting the officers, offering $30,000 to $50,000 per assassination.

"That is a concern for a lot of us, you know, because these guys are trying to get their product across and we're the blockade here," said Bill Jenkins Jr., assistant chief patrol agent with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which is part of the Homeland Security Department.

The agency confiscated nearly 15,000 pounds of cocaine and more than 1 million pounds of marijuana last year -- just a dent in the multibillion-dollar narcotics trade that, especially on the Mexican side of the border, is increasingly violent between the drug gangs and Mexican law enforcement. In the past couple of weeks, drug gangs are suspected of killing two Mexican cops in Nuevo Laredo and killing three federal agents in a massacre of nine people near Cancun.

"That's their economy and we're the stumbling block there. If we're taking away from the profits, they might be getting desperate," Jenkins said.

And guess what Mexican gang is starting to show up in Tulsa?Huh  The Zetas!!!!

Good news for the New year!!

Neptune
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2004, 01:57:55 pm »

Cool...maybe the next Grand Theft Auto will be based on us.

Nobody is apparently interested in border security.  Though I hear that since the GOP has decided to open the gates, Hillary Clinton may run on a "close the borders" platform in 2008.  Is that irony?
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2004, 02:26:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by neptune74137

Cool...maybe the next Grand Theft Auto will be based on us.

Nobody is apparently interested in border security.  Though I hear that since the GOP has decided to open the gates, Hillary Clinton may run on a "close the borders" platform in 2008.  Is that irony?

I don't think Tulsa will ever be so bad that we get a Grand Theft auto. It would be fun to play thou.

I heard the same thing too. I just don't understand why it seems that no one is interested in more border security.
Chicken Little
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »

I was eating at El Rio Verde and saw a new tag on a building to the north.  Who are Los Vagos (Los Vargos, something)?
D.Schuttler
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2004, 03:15:20 pm »

If I was head of the mexican zeta's I would look into a different name.

Rico
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2004, 07:56:49 pm »

quote:

If I was head of the mexican zeta's I would look into a different name.

Zeta in Spanish  means the letter Z.........
Possibly,, as in OZ.

Not the most intelligent or creative name but for street "LINGO" it will probably pass..

My question is are they connected to or being fronted by "La Familia" or "Nuestra Familia" the larger drug Lord Gangs........??[?]
D.Schuttler
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2004, 10:03:49 pm »

Maybe they are fans of Catherine Zeta-Jones
Rico
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2004, 10:51:03 pm »

quote:

Maybe they are fans of Catherine Zeta-Jones

Ayee!!! You make me laugh Senor!!!

I hope the Zetas find you as funny a Gringo as I do!......

For more laughs Try the link... I think[8D]

http://www.baja.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000162.html
Neptune
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2005, 05:42:11 am »

quote:

I heard the same thing too. I just don't understand why it seems that no one is interested in more border security.

My theory on that...and its just a theory...I think there are many companies of varying sizes that are making enormous profits by paying low wages...where if they were to hire American workers, employment laws and various other issues arise that 1) make everything more expensive, 2) make everything more transparent (no more "under the table" tax breaks)

I think there are some powerful business forces trying to keep the borders porous...particularly the border with Mexico.  Anyone find it a little odd that its the Texicans that seem to be "on point" in pushing open borders?  There have also been humanitarian groups trying to keep access open to immigrants, but they've never had any real power.  My opinion...a completely closed border is quite "humane."

Of course...it could simply be politics.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org