A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:38:24 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12th and Denver Grocery store...  (Read 13565 times)
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:35 am »

Is this land privately owned, city owned, "managed" by TDA, or what?
I was under the impression that it was owned by OSU medical center.

---Robert
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 11:29:30 am »

Is the space going to be torn down & developed?  Anyone have a link to story?

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
MichaelBates
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 12:40:37 pm »

I was under the impression that it was owned by OSU medical center.

According to last year's Tulsa Stadium Improvement District assessment roll, the parcel is owned by Twenty First Properties Inc. That company and others with the same mailing address own a large chunk of land in that part of downtown.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 12:46:19 pm »

According to last year's Tulsa Stadium Improvement District assessment roll, the parcel is owned by Twenty First Properties Inc. That company and others with the same mailing address own a large chunk of land in that part of downtown.

Ah, thanks. I knew that a couple of my OSU-MC friends used to park in that lot, which is where I got that impression.

---Robert
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 12:50:09 pm »

Is the space going to be torn down & developed?  Anyone have a link to story?

thanks MB!  Are there any known plans for the lot?

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 01:12:07 pm »

If not a grocery store at least a Walgreen's or CVS would be better than an empty storefront.  If the building had to be torn down I would want to see the new store built up to the corner of 12th & Denver with the main entrance there and parking behind.

The place I think would make a great grocery store is the Tulsa Fertility Clinic property (old Luby's) at 15th & Boston.  Move the clinic, raze the building, and build an urban, flagship Reasor's that fronts 15th with parking to the north and east next to the Cincinnati overpass.  That could be the new go-to store for Cherry Street, Maple Ridge, and Riverview and also for downtown, especially if there is a future streetcar along Boston.  Riverview, Sobo, and Uptown could see a lot of growth with a full service grocery store (and a Walgreens/CVS) in close proximity.  As far as future residential development, those areas and the parking lot wasteland near TCC hold the most opportunity for infill growth in the near future.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:14:55 pm by SXSW » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 01:15:14 pm »

The place I think would make a great grocery store is the Tulsa Fertility Clinic property (old Luby's) at 15th & Boston.  Move the clinic, raze the building, and build an urban, flagship Reasor's that fronts 15th with parking to the north and east next to the Cincinnati overpass.  That could be the new go-to store for Cherry Street, Maple Ridge, and Riverview and also for downtown, especially if there is a future streetcar along Boston. 

I think that building was brand new as the Luby's and I'd need another place to make deposits.

The old safeway is a great location imo.  I think a CVS would be handy if it can't be a grocery.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 01:25:02 pm »

I think that building was brand new as the Luby's and I'd need another place to make deposits.

The old safeway is a great location imo.  I think a CVS would be handy if it can't be a grocery.

Maybe they could move down the street to Bumgarner's proposed 'medical office building' at 14th & Utica..   Smiley

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 01:30:36 pm »

If not a grocery store at least a Walgreen's or CVS would be better than an empty storefront.  If the building had to be torn down I would want to see the new store built up to the corner of 12th & Denver with the main entrance there and parking behind.

The place I think would make a great grocery store is the Tulsa Fertility Clinic property (old Luby's) at 15th & Boston.  Move the clinic, raze the building, and build an urban, flagship Reasor's that fronts 15th with parking to the north and east next to the Cincinnati overpass.  That could be the new go-to store for Cherry Street, Maple Ridge, and Riverview and also for downtown, especially if there is a future streetcar along Boston.  Riverview, Sobo, and Uptown could see a lot of growth with a full service grocery store (and a Walgreens/CVS) in close proximity.  As far as future residential development, those areas and the parking lot wasteland near TCC hold the most opportunity for infill growth in the near future.

Just try and pry all that asphalt wasteland from their cold, dead hands....

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 01:45:21 pm »

Man that Safeway picture sure brings back memories. My Mother was a employee for them over 20 years so I was in quite a few of them.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 04:30:25 pm »

I think downtown would be better served by a smaller format grocery store (but still with produce, a deli, and a meat counter) than this one on the first floor of one of the older buildings farther north, and perhaps somewhat east.

Last night, I happened to be thinking about this and had a nice vision of a grocer taking up the full or most of the first floor of one of the older downtown office buildings. Something truly urban.

Not that putting a decent grocer in at the former Safeway location would be at all a bad thing, I just think we can do even better.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org