A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:13:36 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edmondson! Keep Up The Good Fight!  (Read 2446 times)
FOTD
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:31:33 pm »

Wow glad their finally getting this science stuff. Poop, germs, flies, and the connection to illness. Welcome to the 21st century dudes!

Flies plus chicken droppings spread "superbugs"

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSTRE52F6ZS20090316

Even our hospitals are dangerous as a result of these new strains of "superbugs".
We're doing the same stupid stuff over and over. Bad programing. One of these days, the Human Race is going to get lucky. Some new plague we can't handle will reduce the population back down into merely millions. Perhaps then we can get it right for another run. Me, I'm too old to really give a damn.
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 01:37:51 pm »

Gratulerer med dagen!

By Staff Reports
Published: 3/20/2009  3:43 AM
Last Modified: 3/20/2009  3:43 AM

Happy Birthday, Henrik Ibsen.

The great Norwegian playwright is having a birthday. He was born in Skien, Norway, on March 20, 181 years ago. Ibsen, known as the "father of modern drama" is regarded as one of the most important playwrights of all time.

His notable works include "Peer Gynt," "A Doll's House," "Ghosts," and "The Wild Duck." Ibsen's writing challenged the prevailing views of Victorian morality. He attacked both conservative mores and the liberalism of his day with equal gusto.

My favorite Ibsen play is "An Enemy of the People." The protagonist in the play is a doctor. The play takes place in a vacation town known for its public bath which is renowned for its healing properties.

When the doctor discovers the water that serves the bath has become contaminated, he alerts the authorities, thinking they will thank him for saving the town from infecting innocent visitors to the city with waterborne disease. The doctor is surprised when he is attacked by the locals and declared an "enemy of the people."

The play ends with the doctor's complete ostracism and the audience's knowledge that a greater tragedy is in store for the town due to the community's unwillingness to face reality.

I was thinking if someone wanted to perform Ibsen in the Park this summer, maybe we could get Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson to play the doctor. I have written a couple state representatives about playing the townspeople.

Mike Dumford, Stigler

http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=62&articleid=20090320_7_A14_spanc06243

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org