A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:39:21 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gary Richardson running for governor  (Read 3449 times)
Neptune
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:21:36 pm »

From KOTV

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - When U.S. Rep. Mary Fallin announced she would be running for governor in 2010, she didn't seem to have a lot of Republican primary opposition on the horizon.

Only fellow Rep. Tom Cole was said to be considering the race, and Cole has not made a public comment about his political future since Fallin announced.

But now at least three other possible GOP primary candidates are testing the waters - former U.S. Rep. J.C. Watts, state Sen. Randy Brogdon of Owasso and a new entry - wealthy Tulsa attorney Gary Richardson.

Richardson tells The Associated Press he's been considering a run for a few weeks and says he'll most likely run as a Republican.

Well known in eastern Oklahoma, Richardson is the man who ran for governor as an independent in 2002 and garnered 146,200 votes in the general election.

He received both Republican and Democratic votes, but many believe his candidacy hurt Republican nominee Steve Largent the most and assured Democrat Brad Henry his first gubernatorial victory. Largent lost to Henry by less than 7,000 votes.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:14:08 pm »

God I hope not.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:51:46 pm »

God I hope not.

I had the same thought when I read that Sen. Randy Brogdon was considering a run for governor.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:21:19 pm »

While I didn't agree with everything he does, he was extremely well researched and blew Largent outta the water.
Neptune
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 08:13:30 am »

I'd kind of like to see him run.  I haven't noticed anyone else in the field that really "catches my eye" yet.  No Democrats or Republicans.

I might have a chance to vote GOP if Gary Richardson throws in with the right platform.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org