A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:44:42 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Sell My House, Make $500  (Read 14037 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: March 11, 2009, 06:51:11 am »

I will pay anyone $500 for referring someone to me that purchases my house.

Great family neighborhood with neighborhood pool/park just around the corner.

http://tulsalistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFul/PrtBuyFul.asp?emailGUID=8cf72c83-775e-41c3-afe4-9d482c7c06e4&AgentId=16827

Koi Pond in back yard, with assorted very very large koi.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:56 am »

Great looking house.  It would be something I was very interested in (if my student loans were paid off and I had the cash).   Well, also, personally, I wouldn't want to leave my little bubble where I can walk everywhere.   But as far as what it offers it seems well rounded (fireplace, space, 2 stall garage, nice lot, hardwoods . . .).

To save others the trouble:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ei=gbm3SZfYLZfoMJLYmNoK&resnum=1&q=8504%20S.%20pittsburg%2C%20Tulsa&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Oh, and I know your super secret identity now. Wink   (not really, I haven't bothered to look it up)

[edit]P.S.  I had a pond with a stream in my backyard at one point.  Then I dog dogs.  Then the dogs figured out the stream was cool running water and laid in it.  Which caused it to overflow.  Which pumped 60% out all the water from the pond.  Which made the fish to jump around for O2.  Which made the dogs chase the fish.  Which destroyed the pond plants.  Which made it a swamp.  Which made my girl dog want to pretend she was a hippo.  Which means I no longer have a koi pond.  /the end   [edit]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:30:18 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 07:35:50 am »

Wow, looking at Google Street view, and knowing when those photos were taken, looks like your trees really suffered during the big ice storm...glad you got through that ok.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 07:47:53 am »

Wow, looking at Google Street view, and knowing when those photos were taken, looks like your trees really suffered during the big ice storm...glad you got through that ok.

Yeah Street View does me no justice.  Our neighborhood has (had) huge trees, and that storm was really something to watch and hear.  Sounded like glaciers calving.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:56:22 am »

Yeah Street View does me no justice.  Our neighborhood has (had) huge trees, and that storm was really something to watch and hear.  Sounded like glaciers calving.

Same here.  I was lucky, I had two dying/dead White Ash trees that both were upwards of 60 feet tall in my front yard; I was having them removed and they were nearly finished with that when the ice storm got underway.  My next door neighbor had a pecan tree which survived, but also had a 60 foot Elm; it sounded like a war zone that first morning.  No fewer than 15 large branches snapped off that tree.  Good thing none of it was in my property line.  I had that taken care of earlier that year.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 08:08:01 am »

Same here.  I was lucky, I had two dying/dead White Ash trees that both were upwards of 60 feet tall in my front yard; I was having them removed and they were nearly finished with that when the ice storm got underway.  My next door neighbor had a pecan tree which survived, but also had a 60 foot Elm; it sounded like a war zone that first morning.  No fewer than 15 large branches snapped off that tree.  Good thing none of it was in my property line.  I had that taken care of earlier that year.

We had plenty of firewood for use this year.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 05:15:23 am »

So you had to kiss your Ash goodbye?

The back yard is huge and has a greenbelt and river beyond the fence (we own the property all the way to the center of the river, so I guess I could make the back yard twice as big with a lot of work) several elm and assorted trees were hit hard by the ice and one weekened just enough to put a limb through the roof the following week when it fell.  That bought us a brand new roof. Grin

Did I mention BRAND NEW ROOF.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:58:18 am »

Ok, We are very motivated.  We have another house we want to buy.

We've reduced the price to $164,500.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:06:55 am »

Nothing like some great smoking wood Hoss.  Please tell me you scarfed up some of the pecan.  My neighbor lost 1/2 a plum tree in the ice storm- that all wound up in my smoker, it was a sad day when it ran out.  Chicken or ribs smoked with plum wood is like crack to me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 08:09:53 am »

Gas, I lived a few blocks from your house at 85th & Toledo in my teen years.  At the time we moved in Pittsburg still dead-ended right at about your house or maybe there were a few to the south if it.  It's a great neighborhood, but a bit far south for my tastes these days.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 08:11:29 am »

Nothing like some great smoking wood Hoss.  Please tell me you scarfed up some of the pecan.  My neighbor lost 1/2 a plum tree in the ice storm- that all wound up in my smoker, it was a sad day when it ran out.  Chicken or ribs smoked with plum wood is like crack to me.

I have a large  Methley plum in the back yard  Produces hundreds of plumbs every year.  If you buy my house you can cut it down and smoke a chicken.

I also have 2 Gala Apple trees if you like to smoke with apple wood (my favorite).

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:23 am »

Sorry dude, already bought something in Lortondale this week.  I have some sort of fruit-looking tree in a corner of the backyard, but not sure what it is.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 09:26:35 am »

The pecan that we did have was growing wild on the corner of the fenceline; AEP took that one day and took ALL the wood with them.  I wasn't very happy, but it was their removal.

I haven't done a whole lot of smoking of meats, but I told myself last year that I would buy a smoker this year and give it a whirl.  I have a cousin whose inlaws have a house up on Grand with an inground smoker that I had some turkey out of several years back.  The meat fell off the turkey essentially.  Great stuff.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 09:46:33 am »

The pecan that we did have was growing wild on the corner of the fenceline; AEP took that one day and took ALL the wood with them.  I wasn't very happy, but it was their removal.

I haven't done a whole lot of smoking of meats, but I told myself last year that I would buy a smoker this year and give it a whirl.  I have a cousin whose inlaws have a house up on Grand with an inground smoker that I had some turkey out of several years back.  The meat fell off the turkey essentially.  Great stuff.

Hoss, call over at Hasty Bake and see about attending a 3 Guys class.  Not sure what the cost is now.  They have classes from BBQ 101(for you and I) to advanced BBQ 106 (for competition teams).

Hasty bake May 21st 6:00pm BBQ 101 Class taught by 3 Guys Smokin' (winners of over 200 national and regional BBQ awards).  Even if you don't BBQ, the guys are hilarious and the food is outstanding.

The class (taught by the 3 stooges of BBQ):
- Everything about woods, coal, smokers, and equipment
- Meat selection (i.e. how to tell a right sided brisket from a left sided, yes it makes a big difference)
- Several top ten 3 Guys KCBS Royal award winning recipes to take home
- Dinner and beer provided

They also teach over at the Savory Chef, but I'm not sure of any dates.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 01:04:45 pm »

I didn't realize 3 Guys do a class, that would be an idea if you want to cut the learning curve.  I've learned everything I know about it from trial and error and asking questions of people whose BBQ I liked, there's an art to doing really good que.  after 20 some years, I think my BBQ skills are still evolving.  Once you find a smoker that works for you, stick with it.  Where I work, they have built some really high-end exotic smokers for friends and family, but to this point I've resisted as I have the one I use dialed in quite well.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org