A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:19:17 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liberals told to leave  (Read 9271 times)
RipTout
Neo-Confederate
Activist

« on: March 07, 2009, 12:11:06 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090307_16_A1_Thirte498540

Kill Wolf? Oh,Kell Wolf.

Our Joe the Plumber?
Chicken Little
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »

That is one weird story, man.  I mean, it looks like Wildlife handled it well, but gosh.  How does somebody get torn up like this?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 01:36:29 pm »

That is one weird story, man.  I mean, it looks like Wildlife handled it well, but gosh.  How does somebody get torn up like this?

Wow, just reading the comments section in that story makes my head hurt.  No wonder we're the 'reddest of the red'.

Roll Eyes

And evidently this story was in the online version late last night.  Farkers have been commenting on it since then.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:41:52 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 05:16:26 pm »

It's things like this that give us a bad name. What on earth was the instructor thinking?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 05:27:13 pm »

It's things like this that give us a bad name. What on earth was the instructor thinking?

He sounds like a either a dittohead or a neo-con.  Apparently, thinking isn't a prerequisite for either of them.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 05:32:22 pm »

He sounds like a either a dittohead or a neo-con.  Apparently, thinking isn't a prerequisite for either of them.
Even so, something had to be going through his head. I just can't imagine what would motivate him to behave that way.

I guess it could just be plain ol' liberal hatin', but that just seems like a cop out.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »

To their credit, the Department of Wildlife Conservation removed the guy's teaching credentials very quickly.  I think sport hunting is losing popularity and they need more young people interested in becoming hunters. 

As a former hunter, my role was to see that the grouse had sufficient exercise and that the folks who made shotgun shells were fully employed. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 10:42:25 pm »

To their credit, the Department of Wildlife Conservation removed the guy's teaching credentials very quickly.  I think sport hunting is losing popularity and they need more young people interested in becoming hunters. 

As a former hunter, my role was to see that the grouse had sufficient exercise and that the folks who made shotgun shells were fully employed. 

Yes; and I credit them as well.  It's weird actually.  He's been teaching for 15 years and just all of a sudden did this.

I guess gun control and the 2nd amendment make people go kooky.  Throw in some misinformation of the kind you get in Presidential elections along with the most polarizing Presidential election in history, and I guess this is what happens.

Hawkins
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 02:56:43 am »

Completely embarrassing for Oklahoma, and all over the internet now.
At least those in charge quickly handled the matter correctly and removed this clown from any further classroom duties.

The best comment I read on Fark was this by "Matt2891"

I'd theorize that Wolf probably couldn't tolerate having liberals in his class because it would directly counter all his preconcieved notions about what a liberal is, specifically the idea that a person can be 'liberal' in thier beliefs and still believe in the right to bear arms. He might have also had to consider the fact that many people voted for Obama who would not even self identify as liberal, meaning that the previous administration was such a colossal fark up that many independent and even republicans desided to switch sides, at least temporarily.

Sums it up for me.

--
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 03:11:21 am by Hawkins » Logged
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 07:11:07 am »

Completely embarrassing for Oklahoma, and all over the internet now.
At least those in charge quickly handled the matter correctly and removed this clown from any further classroom duties.

Agreed. I totally cringed when I read this story. But I'm glad it was handled in an appropriate manner.
Hometown
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 10:46:03 am »

I can't say anything because, with the exception of family, we have a long-standing policy of barring Republicans from entering our home.

USRufnex
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 11:28:53 am »

Hey... some of my best friends are RINOs...
waterboy
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 08:17:38 pm »

Could be some kind of joke germinating there involving the RINO Virus. Can't seem to put it together but it may involve Limbaugh, or the Alaskan governor....someone help me here...
T-Town Now
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 02:55:42 pm »

I can't say anything because, with the exception of family, we have a long-standing policy of barring Republicans from entering our home.

An excellent policy.  Smiley

Of course, most of my family wouldn't be allowed in my house if I had such a policy. But now that I think about it...nah...it would just cause problems.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 02:57:23 pm by T-Town Now » Logged
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 03:01:00 pm »

An excellent policy.  Smiley

Of course, most of my family wouldn't be allowed in my house if I had such a policy. But now that I think about it...nah...it would just cause problems.

Actually it wouldn't be that hard to do.  How often does Tom Coburn want to come over to your house anyway?  There are only 4 or 5 real Republican's left anyway.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org