A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:44:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods Settles With FTC  (Read 2602 times)
stageidea
Civic Leader

« on: March 06, 2009, 09:42:38 am »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123634938198152983.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I can't help but wonder if this will involve our Wild Oats/Whole Foods store. 
I hope not, as I enjoy having a second option to Akins.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:27:33 am »

Akins isn't really an option in my book.  There is one ~4 blocks from my house and I still drive to Whole Foods (if I want something special).  Akins is much more of a supplement store than a grocery store.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:38:19 am »

I would guess our store would not be impacted, most of the stores being sold are closed, the deal only involves 13 currently open former Wild Oats stores (out of 110 former Wild Oats stores). It would also make sense that the stores being sold would be in markets where Wild Oats and Whole Foods were competition with each other, which is not our situation.

And Akin’s is terrible. If you want something to compete with Whole Foods you should try Petty’s or the smaller specialty grocery stores like Center One Market or Natural Farms.
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:43:20 pm »

Akin's certainly isn't great but I thought that they would have more of financial chance of buying out the location compared to Center One or Natural Farms.  Certainly as they still seem to be the dominant natural food store in Oklahoma City. 

I wonder how Center One Market is doing as I never see many people in.  I imagine the rent has to be pretty high for that location. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org