A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:22:13 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go fish?  (Read 10301 times)
Cherish
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 03:16:34 pm »

Bonefish.  It's good.

Yup I like Bonefish too but I always get this chicken dish that has spinach and goat cheese...mmm...so good.

Is there not a McCormick and Schmick's or Phillip's Seafood Restaurant (the only chain outside of Maryland I will even eat crab cakes) in Tulsa?  Those are popular seafood chain's that are way better quality then Red Lobster and even Bonefish.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 03:18:10 pm by Cherish » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 05:20:16 pm »

Yup I like Bonefish too but I always get this chicken dish that has spinach and goat cheese...mmm...so good.

Is there not a McCormick and Schmick's or Phillip's Seafood Restaurant (the only chain outside of Maryland I will even eat crab cakes) in Tulsa?  Those are popular seafood chain's that are way better quality then Red Lobster and even Bonefish.

Remember that this is the middle of the country and not near the coasts.  I lived in Houston for a time and always had great Cajun food, great Tex Mex.  I moved back here and instantly missed all of that.  Seafood included. 

Philips appears to be fairly regional, McCormick/Schmick's has locations near here, but none in OK (closest ones are either Dallas or KC).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 09:36:39 pm »

Ed, I hope you guys has a great evening out.  I know the feeling of not wanting to eat chains, but sometimes...DAMN!!!  Those biscuits from RL get me.  (Yes, I know I can make them @ home, but RL is a family tradition form the 80's)  Cheddar's has some good shrimp and salmon at a decent price.  Yes, it is on 71st and yes, it is kinda a chain,  Wink but they serve into the night pretty late which is good after the movies.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 03:00:23 pm »

Actually, it probably won't be an evening out.  My idea of a late night these days is being awake past 10!  But my day usually starts at 5AM. 

I was just thinking that if a late breakfast/early lunch is 'brunch' - we should have a similar word for a late lunch/early dinner at mid afternoon.  Chances are that's when we'll be out and about, anyway, but She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed gets to call this one.

My original plan was to do a scouting trip by myself to White Fish Market on Saturday, but like so many of my plans it fell through.  If there's one thing I have in abundance it's interruptions.

If I really wanted to score some points, I could take her out both Saturday and Sunday!  Hmmmmm.......

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org