A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:42:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casa Laredo-Downtown  (Read 7622 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: March 04, 2009, 11:51:18 am »

Finally tried it the other day after plenty of time for them to work any kinks out.

Service was okay but they had 4 waiters for 6 tables so they would have to work hard to do very badly. She did keep getting the drinks confused, she would even ask to confirm what we had to drink and still refill it wrong (she was refilling one drink at a time) My DrDietPepsi was a bit odd. Food was okay, but nothing special. Paid $7 for a quesadilla slightly larger than the one Taco Bell charges $2.99 for.

I love mexican, I wouldn't say anything about my experience was bad. I'm sure they'll do okay.

Anyone else been by there recently?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:52:11 pm »

Not since they opened. Seems like a better place for Margaritas than for dinner.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:54:58 pm »

Not since they opened. Seems like a better place for Margaritas than for dinner.

Agree.  We were there a while back and the food is fair.  Margaritas were good and strong.  Chips were stale.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
intoxhog
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 06:23:34 pm »

Finally tried it the other day after plenty of time for them to work any kinks out.

Service was okay but they had 4 waiters for 6 tables so they would have to work hard to do very badly. She did keep getting the drinks confused, she would even ask to confirm what we had to drink and still refill it wrong (she was refilling one drink at a time) My DrDietPepsi was a bit odd. Food was okay, but nothing special. Paid $7 for a quesadilla slightly larger than the one Taco Bell charges $2.99 for.

I love mexican, I wouldn't say anything about my experience was bad. I'm sure they'll do okay.

Anyone else been by there recently?
IMO, best salsa in Tulsa! My new favorite Tex-Mex place!
orion
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 07:51:33 am »

I say go to Rancho Grande...great food and service..and they too do a killer Margarita..after is reopening 3 years ago its has been a knock down success..it not in the it may not be on Cherry st, Downtown or god forbid Peoria but it is a cool place. The guys who own it really put a lot of care and thought into it
mrburns918
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 07:53:10 am »

I love Rancho Grande! The food is good and the Margaritas are excellent! The owners are really nice and always check on the customers to make sure everything was up to standard. Show this place some love!

Mr. Burns

I say go to Rancho Grande...great food and service..and they too do a killer Margarita..after is reopening 3 years ago its has been a knock down success..it not in the it may not be on Cherry st, Downtown or god forbid Peoria but it is a cool place. The guys who own it really put a lot of care and thought into it
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 07:54:32 am »

I say go to Rancho Grande...great food and service..and they too do a killer Margarita..after is reopening 3 years ago its has been a knock down success..

Good to know...It went downhill last time I went there...it was Rancho Notso Grande.

Power is nothing till you use it.
orion
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 03:48:49 pm »

..Oh recycle micheal...go there...it had a rough patch several years ago..the brothers took over 3 years ago..and did a great job with the food and bang up job on the decoration..staff and extremely good..the plaster walls with exposed brick is the real deal..great great place. I started going there right after it reopened, then quit going cuz I moved over next to TU..used to live right in the hood over and kinda forgot going there..but have been a loyal customer for past 6 months.....
groundhog
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:43:30 am »

It's been another month since the topic was started, and the food and service have both improved dramatically.

I always order from the lunch menu, which is well priced at $5.75.  They have about 8 different lunch speacials to choose from. Each lunch item comes with more than enough food for lunch.  I'm always stuffed when I leave.

The food arrives very quickly--almost always less than 10 minutes. I'm in and out before an hour passes. I think that new waiters have drastically improved the service. Plus, almost everytime I go, the owner brings out a complimentary dish of loaded nachos! Awesome! Thanks Marina!

The chips are always fresh when I go, and the salsa just keeps getting better.

One word of advice--- order the "white" queso dip (it is delicious) and stay away from the "yellow" queso.  The latter may be more typical of the cheese dip from mexico with some corn meal in it, but doesn't quite meet the expectations of American Tex-Mex Queso eaters.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 08:50:04 am »

"stay away from the "yellow" queso"

Is that like don't eat the yellow snow?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org