A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:05:41 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasor's Anti-Consumer Pricing Policy  (Read 11014 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 10:52:11 am »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

I've learned to bypass the lines with the self-checkout. Then again, I go every day so I never have too many groceries.

When they start giving discounts for doing their work for them, I'll start using the self checkout.

I'm an donkey about it, though. Once, at around 11PM at the Food Pyramid at 101st and Memorial the only option was self checkout. I made the attendant check out my stuff.

Part of my problem with it is that the system is not only designed for idiots (which is fine), but doesn't let people who move at more than a snail's pace actually get out of there quickly. You scan the item..wait several seconds..finally you can scan another item. It's ridiculous. The slow software makes it take twice as long as it needs to.

One thing that makes me sad about no longer getting to use Food Pyramid is that at least some of the old Albertson's employees stayed on there. People who are fast and friendly. The kids at Reasor's (15th and Lewis anyway) are usually disinterested at best and not very fast. (but faster than the self checkout) Sort of like the kids at Food Pyramid, actually.

And the kids have much less interest in bagging your groceries properly. They just don't get it, I guess.

That's just how I feel, If the customer has to do all the work they should get a 10 percent discount from the total bill, the customer is giving the store free labor, Overnight shoppers face ONLY self-serve check-outs in many stores. I don't like self check-outs at all. The one store in Tulsa where I shop when I can is the old Piggley Wiggley Store on Admerial near Lewis. I did not know any Piggley Wiggley Stores were even left I thought they all closed up with the end of Disco Music and went bankrupt. Shopping in that store is like stepping back into time, all the fixtures in that store must be at least 40+ years old. I don't know if Tulsa has any other Piggley Wiggley Stores around. The people there are also very friendly.[B)]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:59:16 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by zstyles

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

I apologize for my previous post that may have seemed sarcastic.  The point of my starting this thread was that it would only take a few keyboard strokes for Reasor's to print unit price on their shelf labels, a practice that is industry standard and consumer friendly, but they do not.

I will continue to shop at Reasors for most items because it is convenient to my house with Target next door, they are generally price competitive on most things, and I like their meats.  Their produce department sucks, with items that spoil much too soon.  They really need to work on that.

Holy cow...my wife and I were just talking about how bad their produce is at Target! I can't believe how fast things get mold on them or just rot!! She was there buying some non-food items picked up some strawberries and got home they had mold on them in the middle of the bunch! Happened more than a few times..ugh..we normally shop Sam's for the produce as they guarantee it double down if something is wrong no questions asked....

You got that right, ever taste Target potato chips? yuck- We bought a bag on sale and had to throw them out. I very rarely walk into a Target store, I stick to Wal-Mart for the most part. Target stores many times have more employees than customers I wonder how they can make any money like that? [xx(]

TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 06:32:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsacyclist

Maybe write them a letter or call the home office. See if you can get ol Jeff on the line.

Reasor's Home Office
200 West Choctaw
Tahlequah, OK 74464
918-456-1472

Wow..just viewed it on Street View under Google Maps.
It's nothing to brag about, that's for sure.

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:49 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TurismoDreamin

quote:
Originally posted by tulsacyclist

Maybe write them a letter or call the home office. See if you can get ol Jeff on the line.

Reasor's Home Office
200 West Choctaw
Tahlequah, OK 74464
918-456-1472

Wow..just viewed it on Street View under Google Maps.
It's nothing to brag about, that's for sure.

How do you think they can keep their prices so low?? [Tongue]  All kidding aside, it is Tahlequah.  There are some nice parts, but generally speaking, it is just an old laid back community with alot of older homes and buildings.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Steve
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 07:53:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by zstyles

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

I apologize for my previous post that may have seemed sarcastic.  The point of my starting this thread was that it would only take a few keyboard strokes for Reasor's to print unit price on their shelf labels, a practice that is industry standard and consumer friendly, but they do not.

I will continue to shop at Reasors for most items because it is convenient to my house with Target next door, they are generally price competitive on most things, and I like their meats.  Their produce department sucks, with items that spoil much too soon.  They really need to work on that.

Holy cow...my wife and I were just talking about how bad their produce is at Target! I can't believe how fast things get mold on them or just rot!! She was there buying some non-food items picked up some strawberries and got home they had mold on them in the middle of the bunch! Happened more than a few times..ugh..we normally shop Sam's for the produce as they guarantee it double down if something is wrong no questions asked....

It wasn't Target's produce I was talking about, it was the produce items at Reasors.  I normally shop at Target (for cleaning/household/clearance items) and Reasors (for groceries) at 19th & Yale, and the produce I have bought at this Reasors seems to spoil in just a day or two.  My friends that shop at the 41st & Yale Reasors have also commented on the poor quality and spoilage of their produce items too.  

Bumby
Activist

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 06:39:55 pm »

I shop Reasor's because I try to throw my money to local/local-ish companies and I'm very loyal to those I patronize.  I never set foot in the 17th & Yale Reasor's until the Bud's @ 15th & Yale had been run out of business.  If I can't have my Bud's then Reasor's was the lessor of the evils I guess, but I get tired of returning items (if I have time) or working around inferior product when I don't.

My complaints regarding the freshness of this Reasor's products have been met with shrugging indifference. What I am often told is that the store receives more positive feedback regarding their produce & meat departments than negative.  So...I take this to mean the management (D. Lobaugh) doesn't see any need for improvement.  This afternoon, I opened a bag of potatoes I bought 2 weeks ago.  Close to a third of the potatoes had large black spots and a couple were moldy.  

Perhaps if Reasor's wasn't so dependent on pre-packaged produce, this might not be such a problem. Why cull bad produce when you can shove it out the door in a sealed bag via the customer?  

I would like the price per unit on the shelves. It would be a convenience to help offset the visits to customer service.

Steve...I agree, WalMart Market is not an option. [Cheesy]
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 11:21:09 am »

If you don't mind doing some driving the Homeland Store in SandSprings off of highway 97 has alot of fresh produce. They had some outstanding grapes last time I was in there. The peachs in the summer season are not bad either. I'm not a big fan of Homeland Stores but this store is on the ball.[}:)]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org