A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:50:48 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't let your D/L expire.........  (Read 10105 times)
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 08:43:39 am »

What can be even more of a pain is if you let your license expire and you don't have a copy of your birth certificate.  I was getting a copy of my son's birth certificate recently (which by the way took 2 1/2 hours), and saw many, many people in the same situation.  You have to have a current, valid drivers license (or other official id) in order to get a birth certificate.  They'll still give you a birth certificate if someone vouches for you.  While I was waiting, one lady called a friend to come down & vouch for her.  When her friend showed up, they asked to see the friend's ID.  It was expired, too.

I bet there are thousands of people out there right now with expired drivers license that don't know it.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 11:29:53 am »

This happened to a friend of mine about six months ago.  He either called or wrote Terrill's office and was told that this was NOT mandated as a part of HB-1804, that this was something the DOT had taken upon itself.
I don't know if Terrill was running for cover or if that is fact.

So if this is not actually law, and the DOT or tag agents are making it up as they go along, wouldnt it be simpler just to make sure they dont overstep their authority?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 11:14:21 pm »

The State's position on several tax/user-fee items I have had to pay is that it is the citizens' responsibility to know of these fees without notification.   I don't know how someone could possibly know about all of them but I guess the State doesn't want to set a precedent for other fees.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org