A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:00:47 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TU area workshop - Feb 23  (Read 5568 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: February 13, 2009, 11:12:11 am »

A small area workshop will focus on the area around TU.

The TU Small Area Workshop will be held on Monday, Feb 23 at Kendall Whittier Elementary School (2601 E 5th Place, Tulsa)

More info: Go to the PLANiTULSA website
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:37:28 pm »

Where's the map for the area covered in this workshop?

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:33:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

Where's the map for the area covered in this workshop?

TU Workshop Map

dsjeffries
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 08:39:29 pm »

Just got back from the workshop, which went very well!

It seems everyone in this area is on the same page:
-Bringing in new businesses and housing while preserving our great existing brick buildings

-Establishing a link to downtown via 6th Street
-Establishing a rail stop at 11th & Lewis
-Restoring the street grid
-Repairing the damage TU has done by closing itself off and fencing itself in
-Revitalizing the Route 66, Admiral, Whittier Square and Harvard corridors to their former glory
-Adding bike and pedestrian paths
-Improving sidewalk continuity
-Making the whole area more walkable
-Giving the neighborhood a unique identity ("to be NOT like 71st Street" was heard several times)

Great workshop! Can't wait for the transportation workshop tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:40:08 pm by dsjeffries » Logged
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:55:35 pm »

Yea!  So glad to hear it!  

Thanks for the awesome summary!
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:11:05 pm »

I thought it was odd that Councilor Gomez hightailed it out of there so quickly. I mean, dude, this is your DISTRICT.  Don't you care about what people want to see happen?  You don't want to know what kind of development they envision?  Maria Barnes was present as a facilitator for the entire time.  I may not always agree with her politics, but at least she shows up!

dsjeffries
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 12:18:32 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

I thought it was odd that Councilor Gomez hightailed it out of there so quickly. I mean, dude, this is your DISTRICT.  Don't you care about what people want to see happen?  You don't want to know what kind of development they envision?  Maria Barnes was present as a facilitator for the entire time.  I may not always agree with her politics, but at least she shows up!

+1

He did it tonight, too...
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:52 pm »

I think Councilor(makes my stomach turn to type that) Gomez completely skipped the Forrest Orchard Workshop. If he showed up, he hid really well and kept a very low profile. I got there about fives minutes late, so Gomez could have already made the obligatory appearance and split.

I know he spoke briefly and promply left the Pearl District Forum held a few weeks ago. Gomez has been just going through the motions and phoning in his representative duties as a City Councilor since before he was sworn in.

He works hard for uncompetively bid, lump sum, taxpayer subsidized, luxury lofts downtown that are the pet project of real estate racket heavy hitters, though.

The DT Mafia roosts in the Royal Court of Queen Kathy's Krystal Kingdom. Taylor the Tyrant has a posse and a puppet in Parliament.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org