A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:45:31 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Incredibles" celebrates Mid-Century Modern  (Read 4393 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: February 06, 2009, 03:32:17 pm »

I didn't really notice this the first time I saw "The Incredibles," but I watched it recently on DVD, and was delighted by their "incredible" mid-century modern home (and interior design).

(Funny what you notice after attending a National Trust for Historic Preservation conference...)

Steve
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:49:28 pm »

How could you not notice, the mid-twentieth century visual designs of the film were its only points of interest.

Not surprising, the only thing I was drawn to about this film was the mid-century modern designs and classic modern architecture and furniture designs.  The plot was crap, but the visuals were wonderful.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:14:59 pm by Steve » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 06:50:40 pm »

I thought Edna was the best part of that movie...

1956packard
Activist

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:21:54 pm »

ALOHA AND LAWZEE

Oh cool, Incense and Peppermints it's one of those  In A Gadda Da Vida houses!

ALOHA AND LAWZEE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org