A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:08:20 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pearl District Pork  (Read 28691 times)
grahambino
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 09:16:33 am »

joiei
City Father

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 12:11:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by MDepr2007

So quality of life only equalled more soccer fields and walking trails along the edge for those in east Tulsa... poor saps

Better than nothing, even those are used as good examples of how cities can multipurpose their water retention and control facilities. Cities from all over the country come to Tulsa to see the progressive things we have done on this front. Though the Central Park project wasnt the right size and such to have soccer fields in it, the park was definitely a nice touch. Will be just as nice and treasured as Woodward Park in the future when the plants get a few more years growth on them and the area around it continues to improve. And yes, I hope with the new Master Plan that we start paying even more attention to getting nice redevelopment nodes going in some areas which could use it in the East side of the city. That side could use some pork as well.

Thanks for the further information.  In my own ignorance I have learned something new that I had never considered before.  I retract my poorly thought out statement about the retention ponds in east Tulsa.  I still enjoy the new Central Park.  It is a  great place to take a walk and get some fresh air.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
MDepr2007
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2009, 06:32:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:
Originally posted by MDepr2007

So quality of life only equalled more soccer fields and walking trails along the edge for those in east Tulsa... poor saps

Maybe they bought your argument.

But no, the areas out east were more interested at that time in mitigating flood damage. They had recently had floods. The solutions they employed were considered pretty novel at the time as well as the idea to utilize the land for soccer fields and paths. It was a start.

Your enmity towards this park and the Pearl plan is not reasonable. Its a good idea, its being developed with thoughtful insights and the return will be good. You should be ecstatic that we are reclaiming a part of the Tulsa core. The last flood prone area of town to receive mitigation and you're complaint is...what?

last?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org