A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:09:08 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does INCOG ever get audited?  (Read 4753 times)
Limabean
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:53:20 pm »

Does anyone ever audit INCOG?

I guess since they don't approve contracts they couldn't make money off of development decisions.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:14:06 pm »

No, but someone needs to. If nothing else they are overstaffed.

I was over there last spring and while waiting in the reception area, for 45 minutes for the person I had an appointment with TO GET TO WORK, I witnessed 7 to 13 people(the number varied but was never less than 7) stand around the receptionist desk the entire time talking about "this awesome which chocolate hot chocolate" the receptionist had the night before.

They were talking about it when I first got off the elevator and were still talking about it when the woman I had an appointment with, who was 45 minutes late, finally got off the elevator herself and told me to come back to her desk.

I was in their offices several times throughout the fall of 2007 and the spring of 2008 and I saw a huge amount of time being wasted by the people "working" there.

I'm sure there are some hard working dedicated people working there, but I never met or saw a single one of them.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:49:06 pm »

I wish the Feds would investigate INCOG.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:52:48 am »

Meanwhile, the city planning department has no supervisor...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 08:12:06 am »

INCOG
City Planning

River Parks
Tulsa Parks Authority

Tulsa METRO Chamber
BA/Jenks/Bixby Chamber of Commerce

I'm sure there's more, but it seems like a lot of our government is duplicative.  Not always a bad thing, but too often the hands either don't know what the other is doing, don't care, or know and is attempting to subvert the other.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Wrinkle
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:22:26 pm »

Seems we're forgetting INCOG is a PRIVATE operation. They're not subject to normal public scrutiny, Federal or otherwise.

The lone exception, perhaps, is their heavy dependence on Federal, State and Local dollars, which is treated as services fees in most cases. Don't like the service?...don't pay the fees.

Like the Chamber, it's a voluntary membership and additional fees paid for specific services.

IAC, Tulsa's membership is optional. Contracted services are also optional.

Tulsa, however, has managed to situate INCOG such that it's a quasi-governmental agency, when it's not. In general, the public doesn't know the difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org