A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:33:20 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Boss" is coming to town  (Read 5971 times)
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« on: January 27, 2009, 10:36:20 am »

4/7/2009 at the BOK Center:
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=72966&SortBy=Date

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:43:20 am »

Oh happy days...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Composer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:42 am »

They have done a really good job of booking good shows.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:06:09 pm »

Good booking. Wonder how AC/DC did last night in the ice. (Ironically their new album is titled "Black Ice.")
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:20:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Good booking. Wonder how AC/DC did last night in the ice. (Ironically their new album is titled "Black Ice.")

hahahaha...now that is irony.

I guess a lot of ticket holders got holding the bag on that one.  Hell I bet some ticket holders couldn't even make it into town for the show.

It would have been the right thing to do to reschedule....but they got their money so I guess they could care less.

According to the AC/DC review in today's paper, a good portion of the crowd arrived VERY early. The BOK Center staff let them into the lobby early to wait until the 6:30 seating time. The review goes on to say the remaining crowd was slow to arrive but eventually the place was nearly full. Some scattered empty seats, yes... but full for the most part.
EDIT: Link to Tulsa World review
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 02:23:03 pm by AVERAGE JOE » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:08:58 pm »

quote:

quote:

...  Hell I bet some ticket holders couldn't even make it into town for the show.

Unless your TN moniker is 'Hawkins'

[:O]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
bucuo
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 08:19:01 pm »

quote:

quote:

I guess a lot of ticket holders got holding the bag on that one.  Hell I bet some ticket holders couldn't even make it into town for the show.

It would have been the right thing to do to reschedule....but they got their money so I guess they could care less.

AC DC finishes the US portion of their world tour this weekend and then off to Europe. Doesn't leave much time to reschedule. But that point aside, I am guessing there were 12-13 thousand people there and it was a great show.
Fatstrat
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 09:15:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

Maybe we can have the Mayor do the Dancing in the Dark routine on stage . . . or RecyclingMichael!

Do you know who the girl was on the 1980's "Dancing in the dark" MTV video?
 It's a young Courtney Cox.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 12:01:38 pm »

I'm really excited about Bruce Springsteen. May be the best booking so far. Good job BOK Center!
NickA
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Oh happy days...

You mean glory days [Cheesy]
bucuo
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 08:47:52 pm »

quote:

quote:

Situation handled........http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0109/590062.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org