A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:31:40 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Martinson hang up being Mayor  (Read 3724 times)
MDepr2007
« on: January 24, 2009, 04:08:20 pm »

With the PW scandal and Councilor Martinsons refusal in the past to vote for an independent audit of PW. Should he not even think of running for Mayor of Tulsa?
Wrinkle
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:37:38 pm »

...was holding out for a real contender.

DowntownNow
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:27:23 pm »

I gotta be honest here, in light of contenders running to throw their name in the ring I was willing to back Martinson.  But the more I think about it, his lack of pushing for this performance review was maybe what has changed my mind.  

The council as a whole has been a large failure in my eyes.  There have been so many issues of late that the council gets behind, pushes for answers only to falter in the end and give in without a real vested fight.  The Ballpark Trust, OSU Hosptal Trust, 81st Street Apts, TDA Ethics Issues, etc etc.  

I want to see a councilor stand up for what he believes in and see him carry it through to the end.  If you have a concern or your constituents have a concern then take it all the way.  Dont play the bandaid game...we came, we saw, we asked and well...thats it.

Now, if not Martinson...who?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 10:27:05 pm »

There will be no real campaign that will oppose Taylor, just posturing and preparing for 2012.

While I don't agree with a many things that happen in the council chamber, I think they are unfairly criticized for not fixing things that never should've even made it that far. If we had real planning, enforcement and inspections the 81st apartments never would've been built at the height they were. The Downtown Trust may not be perfect but we're replacing the DTU contract. In a year when "change is better than status quo" I'm surprised at the number of people on here who complain about every donor, trust and free baseball stadium that comes their way just in case their might be some sentence worded a weird way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org