A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:59 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marshall Brewing Company Website is now online!  (Read 12053 times)
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 11:32:45 am »

Great site.

I jumped over to Choc's website to see theirs, and it reminded me that most every alcohol website you visit has a token age verification before you can enter.

I haven't the foggiest idea of the legal requirements/liability issues for such a verification, but it might be something you should take a look at.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 11:39:05 am »

Inteller,

There are HUNDREDS of craft brewed strong ales:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/78

While I agree Marshall needs to set himself apart to grow, being a good regional craft brewer is at this time enough to do that.  His beers are a cut above Choc, which is the only real competition for a regional craft beer.  Good craft beer is hard to find, good is better than unique or strong in my book.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
americanagirl
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 12:30:18 pm »

sorry this is a little off-topic but I wanted to note that the last two times I was in the Buccaneer (and it was probably two weeks between visits) the Marshall tap was empty!  Made me sad.  But maybe I'll have better luck at Joe Momma's tonight.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 12:32:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MarshallBrewing

Never said I won't be brewing a stout, because I probably will, its just not in the plans yet.  I just wanted to clear up some confusion for now!  Go drink a couple of the Atlas IPAs and tell me that Oklahoma beer is "weak".  Just because it is not the style of beer you most prefer doesn't mean you need to bash all Oklahoma Beer.

sorry you are right, other people were speaking for you when they said no stout.  

I've had your Atlas, not my thing.   I'll keep my hopes up for Oktoberfest this year.  You brew a decent wheat beer though.

side question....who is doing your bottle illustrations?  They look like Thomas Matthews illustrations.

i said he had "no plans"...
which is what he said, so go **** yourself...

you call his beer "weak" and now are trying to suck-up?  pathetic...

suck up?  no you have that market cornered.  I simply apologized for someone else speaking on his behalf, which I didn't even need to.

wow, for someone in your position....

he makes a great beer. he's got a new website. he is a great guy. end of story.

despite your attempt, your knowledge of who you think i am does not threaten me in the least... 3/4 of the active posters know who i am... as to my "position", im currently on the toilet, taking what i like to call an "inteller"... so again, whatever...

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 12:36:34 pm by brunoflipper » Logged

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 12:43:26 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

No Inteller.  Class has nothing to do with it.  I am implying that they are a niche market because most people don't like them.  For a craft brewer trying to specialize in fine beers working towards a 12% ABV brew for the sake of having more alcohol just seems a strange fit.

Get a vodka side car and plunk it into a Marshalls if you must.
[^]

I never saw any place where he said he was working towards that (12% ABV).  However, appealing to the masses with an average beer will certainly get the cash flowing in, but it doesn't really set you apart from the kazillions of other craft brewers out there.  I'm just suggesting creating something bold and different.  I'd rather see something in the mold of Stone Brewing....most craft brews I see these days follow the mold of Sam Adams (Choc Beer lineup comes to mind).  Now while Sam Adams has some good brews, that road has already been well traveled.

As others here will testify, I love beer.  I drink a lot of it.  

I've also had quite a few regional and national craft beers.  Marshall's is a cut-above.  

Cut the guy some slack, and have some patience.  He decided to spend a handsome chunk in the local economy to bring some vision and hip-factor to this town and people are critical of what he's done?  Eric is a very good brewer, he could have done this anywhere, but he chose Tulsa, in spite of some totally clueless ingrates.  

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 12:43:58 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Inteller,

There are HUNDREDS of craft brewed strong ales:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/78

While I agree Marshall needs to set himself apart to grow, being a good regional craft brewer is at this time enough to do that.  His beers are a cut above Choc, which is the only real competition for a regional craft beer.  Good craft beer is hard to find, good is better than unique or strong in my book.

You are missing my point.  An IPA, a pilsner, a "house ale", and a dark ale are all safe, standard fare.  From a regional perspective it wouldn't be hard to be good because hell, regionally there isn't a lot of competition.  WHo else besides Choc and Marshall are even in the region?

Boulevard.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 01:28:19 pm »

quote:

Never said I won't be brewing a stout, because I probably will, its just not in the plans yet.  I just wanted to clear up some confusion for now!  Go drink a couple of the Atlas IPAs and tell me that Oklahoma beer is "weak".  Just because it is not the style of beer you most prefer doesn't mean you need to bash all Oklahoma Beer.

Amen, I bought all three for a little get-together last week, and the IPA might be enough to knock mortal men on their donkey.  It's a good Indian Pale.

When is the Old Pavilion Pilsner coming?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 02:07:25 pm »

I like some of the Boulevard and Shiner brews, but, like Sam Adams, they have lost some of their cachet as a true "micro-brew".  

I've tried the different varieties of Choc and I guess it totally misses my taste buds, never caught on with me, and it wasn't from lack of trying...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 02:22:25 pm »

I was just relieved when I didn't have to bootleg Boulevard from KC anymore.  Two of their brews I particularly like are the Bob's 47 Oktoberfest and Bully Porter.

Speaking of micros:

Is OE small enough still to be a "micro"?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 02:32:19 pm »

I've gotten to where I like Sierra Nevada as well.  They're essentially Boulevard West Coast...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 09:31:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I want a root beer.

Me too

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
deinstein
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 10:44:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

quote:

please brew a stout.

do us all a favor and start holding your breath...
he has no plans to do one... if you want a stout have a guinness...

ok, well at least that keeps the beer true to the state....weak.

I wouldn't exactly call 6.5% ABV 'weak'....

I would.
deinstein
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 10:46:51 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jne

So are kegs available direct from the brewery?  Come BBQ season...

No due to Oklahoma law, I cannot sell anything direct to the public.  The only people I can sell to are licensed Oklahoma wholesalers.  Which means you have to buy them from liquor stores.  Sorry!

That's stupid.
Is the industry lobbying against this much?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 12:06:17 am »

quote:
Originally posted by deinstein

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jne

No due to Oklahoma law, I cannot sell anything direct to the public.  The only people I can sell to are licensed Oklahoma wholesalers.  Which means you have to buy them from liquor stores.  Sorry!

That's stupid.

How long have you lived here?  It's been like that for YEARS!

deinstein
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 12:22:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:
Originally posted by deinstein

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jne

That's stupid.

How long have you lived here?  It's been like that for YEARS!

I understand, but does anyone lobby against it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org