A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:52:05 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marshall Brewing Company Website is now online!  (Read 12172 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 10:39:03 am »

Hey guys, troll feeding times are strictly limited to 6:59am to 7am every day.

Eric, first-rate web site like everything you do.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 11:18:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

quote:

please brew a stout.

do us all a favor and start holding your breath...
he has no plans to do one... if you want a stout have a guinness...

ok, well at least that keeps the beer true to the state....weak.

whatever

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
MarshallBrewing
Citizen

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 09:07:02 am »

Inteller, to my knowledge Choc has never done a Stout.  They make a Black Lager that you may be confusing for a stout, but it is a completely different style.  If you are drinking stouts in the 7-8% you are probably drinking imperial stouts, because there are not many regular stouts in that abv range.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 09:14:12 am »

it would appear that inteller equates ABV to the "strength" of a beer and has made the leap to assuming that a "stout" is "stronger" and must be boozier... classic dudebagery... in fact, all guinness is 4.1% ABV which means it could nearly be sold anywhere in oklahoma (with our 4% ABV) cut off... but many people wont drink it because its "too strong" and act a maggot after drinking two...  

only french monks and frat boys pound chimay,  barley wine is never a good idea and elephant beer will make you feel like you were dropped out of the donkey of an actual elephant...

so order your beer with a side of powers and shut the **** up... or have two...  

and with regards to mr marshalls post:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:32:24 am by brunoflipper » Logged

MarshallBrewing
Citizen

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 09:45:12 am »

Never said I won't be brewing a stout, because I probably will, its just not in the plans yet.  I just wanted to clear up some confusion for now!  Go drink a couple of the Atlas IPAs and tell me that Oklahoma beer is "weak".  Just because it is not the style of beer you most prefer doesn't mean you need to bash all Oklahoma Beer.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 10:08:22 am »

Inteller, I don't think he wants to brew things that don't sell very well (Stout may, but most 10+ point beer does not).  Strong Ale is the Ale equivalent of malt liquor, some actually use wine or champagne yeast strains to get more alcohol out of each mash.   Most "ALE" yeast dies off around 6-7% ABV, very few survive to 10%.  Most home brewers would consider anything over the 10% line a barley wine.

Oddly enough, I am trying to brew a lager tonight.  If I can't get it right (I don't want to change my keg fridge to a laggering fridge as it has other beet in it) and it appears to be heading towards a steam beer I plan on pitching some wine yeast to up the alcohol content to ~12% then shocking it in my keg fridge to stop fermentation.  No idea what they will do... but I've brewed steam so may as well try something else!

/tanget
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:11:32 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 10:09:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MarshallBrewing

Just because it is not the style of beer you most prefer doesn't mean you need to bash all Oklahoma Beer.

It's what he does.  He doesn't need to have knowledge of the subject.

Excellent beers Eric.

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 10:12:59 am »

So are kegs available direct from the brewery?  Come BBQ season...

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
MarshallBrewing
Citizen

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 10:17:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by jne

No due to Oklahoma law, I cannot sell anything direct to the public.  The only people I can sell to are licensed Oklahoma wholesalers.  Which means you have to buy them from liquor stores.  Sorry!
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 10:20:08 am »

Anybody else thirsty after reading this thread? [Tongue]
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 10:32:42 am »

quote:

quote:

Never said I won't be brewing a stout, because I probably will, its just not in the plans yet.  I just wanted to clear up some confusion for now!  Go drink a couple of the Atlas IPAs and tell me that Oklahoma beer is "weak".  Just because it is not the style of beer you most prefer doesn't mean you need to bash all Oklahoma Beer.

sorry you are right, other people were speaking for you when they said no stout.  

I've had your Atlas, not my thing.   I'll keep my hopes up for Oktoberfest this year.  You brew a decent wheat beer though.

side question....who is doing your bottle illustrations?  They look like Thomas Matthews illustrations.

i said he had "no plans"...
which is what he said, so go **** yourself...

you call his beer "weak" and now are trying to suck-up?  pathetic...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 10:36:42 am »

No Inteller.  Class has nothing to do with it.  I am implying that they are a niche market because most people don't like them.  For a craft brewer trying to specialize in fine beers working towards a 12% ABV brew for the sake of having more alcohol just seems a strange fit.

Get a vodka side car and plunk it into a Marshalls if you must.
[^]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 10:39:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

elephant beer will make you feel like you were dropped out of the donkey of an actual elephant...

Never a truer statement...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
MarshallBrewing
Citizen

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 11:16:44 am »

side question....who is doing your bottle illustrations?  They look like Thomas Matthews illustrations.
[/quote]

All my artwork has been done by Cubic Creative, same group who did my website.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 11:31:20 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jne

No due to Oklahoma law, I cannot sell anything direct to the public.  The only people I can sell to are licensed Oklahoma wholesalers.  Which means you have to buy them from liquor stores.  Sorry!

wait, can't you take advantage of that new law that lets you sell direct to liquor stores like what the wineries are doing?

I think that law only applies to wineries.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org