A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:58:39 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations to President Obama  (Read 24254 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 04:18:37 pm »

If you need to "hit the ground running" and you want democrats with job experience at the highest level...you're going to get some old Clintonites.  The only other option for experienced guys are Bushies.  I know which I prefer.  

Or, you could do the Dubya thing, and just put loyal cronies in charge of various departments: mining industry executives in charge of the environment; Arabian Horse Association presidents in charge of FEMA; and guys who never served in the military in charge of the Defense Dept...

I did not vote for Hillary because I didn't want a repeat of the Clinton zoo.  I am confident that the Obama administration will have different priorities, a different methodology, and a different focus than the Clintons.  Certainly, there will be areas of overlap.  Get a hundred democrats in one room and there will be a lot of common ground and common goals.  So you might see some policies that you disagree with, not because they are "Clinton things" but b/c they are more liberal than you prefer.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:19:31 pm by PonderInc » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 04:18:52 pm »

Lesson learned from that Conan:

If you make more than $300,000 you shouldn't do your own taxes.

Which might be indicative of problems with our tax code, but I really don't hold it against him TOO much.  Treasury Secretary isn't a tax expert.  Maybe he will have a better idea of how messed up the system is and want to change it.

Not endorsing the decision, but not the worst flub one could make.  So long as he is treated like any other delinquent tax payer I'm fine with it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 04:37:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

If you need to "hit the ground running" and you want democrats with job experience at the highest level...you're going to get some old Clintonites.  The only other option for experienced guys are Bushies.  I know which I prefer.  

Or, you could do the Dubya thing, and just put loyal cronies in charge of various departments: mining industry executives in charge of the environment; Arabian Horse Association presidents in charge of FEMA; and guys who never served in the military in charge of the Defense Dept...

Eh, not much different than selecting a former Congressman and WH Chief-of-Staff for director of the CIA.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:37:53 pm »

Well, perhaps it is ok to say "get the heck out" to someone who doesnt like America.

But I havent seen anyone here say that they didnt like America. Plenty have not liked something, some particular part, some policy, some politician, etc. but none of those things ARE America. Lets not confuse what truly is and is not America. America is more than the current President or any current policy.

Criticising those things is not "not liking America" its not liking something about it and we all have the right, the obligation, to voice our opinions and try to get things we dont like, changed.

If you dont like America... leave.

If you dont like something about America...work to get it changed and made better.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Sardonicus Rex
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 04:09:03 pm »

I can't say I'm very impressed with President Obama so far. I went to the buffet at Mazzio's on inauguration night and still had to wait 15 minutes for pepperoni! This is an outrage! We were told if we elected Obama all our wildest dreams would come true! I'm still waiting.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 04:18:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sardonicus Rex

I can't say I'm very impressed with President Obama so far. I went to the buffet at Mazzio's on inauguration night and still had to wait 15 minutes for pepperoni! This is an outrage! We were told if we elected Obama all our wildest dreams would come true! I'm still waiting.

That was awesome. You got to come over here more often.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 04:28:03 pm »

Anyone get their mortgage check yet?  It's getting a lot closer to the first of the month.  I'd heard we wouldn't have to buy gas or worry about house payments anymore.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 05:15:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sardonicus Rex

I have received both my pony and my circus unicycle.  Still waiting on my hovercraft and my year's worth of chocolate covered sunflower seeds.

They flat turned me down on a city block-size inflatable castle for jumping in.  

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 05:27:14 pm »

Today, Obama came by and replaced the ignition coil in my car.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 10:10:26 pm »

Obama straightened a crick in my neck. His hands are like magic.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 11:50:22 pm »

Hell, I hope he can fix what's wrong the Oiler's hockey team.  That would TRULY prove he's 'That One'.

[8D]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 10:04:48 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Anyone get their mortgage check yet?  It's getting a lot closer to the first of the month.  I'd heard we wouldn't have to buy gas or worry about house payments anymore.

Are you referring to this gem from an absolute moron?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

Yes, it's an incomplete clip, poorly edited, and out of context, eh wevsus? After all, it portrays an Obama supporter in bad light.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 10:12:14 am »

The OKC Thunder won last night.  'Nuff said.

jmikeh
Citizen

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 03:22:58 pm »

Some of these requests should be moved to the Tim Tebow thread. [Smiley]
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 04:15:41 pm »

Lulz @ The original post...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org