A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:00:44 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations to President Obama  (Read 23981 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: January 20, 2009, 11:12:12 am »

His speech is off to a very positive tone.

- Environment as a economic and security concern.

- No reason this generation should have to reduce their expectations.

- We remain the strongest, richest, and most powerful nation on Earth.  Our workers are no less productive, our scientists no less innovative, our people no less industrious.

Ongoing...

Anyway, congrats to the new President.  Hope some things do change.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:14:36 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 11:30:00 am »

I didn't wince.  Got so used to wincing during presidential speeches.

I hope this administration does well.

edited because of my poor spelling
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:54:22 am by Townsend » Logged
TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 11:52:47 am »

Perhaps one of the greatest speeches I've EVER heard. The man has my wholehearted support, even if I didn't vote for him.

God Speed Obama!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:53:58 am by TulsaFan-inTexas » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 11:55:56 am »

And this is why I will be all over this administration over the next four years:

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/01/20/bush-mocked-as-he-arrives-on-inauguration-dais/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 11:58:49 am »

But it wasn't Obama who was jeering.

I sympathize with you; it's deplorable, but don't hold the Obama Administration responsible.

Let us please give this guy a chance and turn the corner on this political crap for once okay?

I am sick and tired of the same old politics and I HOPE and PRAY that we can just come together and solve this nation's problems.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:00:17 pm by TulsaFan-inTexas » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 12:01:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaFan-inTexas

I sympathize with you; it's deplorable, but don't hold the Obama Administration responsible.

Let us please give this guy a chance and turn the corner on this political crap for once okay?

I am sick and tired of the same old politics and I HOPE and PRAY that we can just come together and solve this nation's problems.

Rahm Emmanuel comming together:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2168166/posts

sorry it's a free republic source

kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 12:04:49 pm »

Just an incredible day. I am so proud of our new President.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 12:09:14 pm »

I hope that he is the most successful president in the history of the United States.  We need it.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
grahambino
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 12:51:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

And this is why I will be all over this administration over the next four years:

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/01/20/bush-mocked-as-he-arrives-on-inauguration-dais/

if you don't like America, you can GET OUT!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:15:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaFan-inTexas

For Gweed, that's like asking the Pope to stop being a Catholic.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
deinstein
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 01:37:06 pm »

quote:

Just because?

Bush deserves it. Wait until you have a legitimate policy complaint to jeer.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:38:06 pm by deinstein » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 01:50:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

quote:

I don't like America because I am going to treat Obama the same way you and the left treated Bush?

Bwahahahah. [}:)]

Seriously, are you one of those who thinks not wanting to payer higher taxes is unpatriotic (a la Biden)? Not supporting the banking bailout is unpatriotic (a la Pelosi)? How about earlier retirement being unpatriotic? Now, not wishing Obama the greatest amount of luck is apparently unpatriotic and persons that don't should leave the country. You are a joke.

Like Red Arrow, I paid my price for citizenship and right to live in this country through military service, unlike the overwhelming number of persons on this forum (and that are probably at the inauguration) paid their price for citizenship by their parents simply knocking boots on American soil.

TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 01:50:51 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

I hope that he is the most successful president in the history of the United States.  We need it.

Me too Gaspar. I'm going to be a fanboy of the Obama administration for some time and hope for great success.
grahambino
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 01:55:30 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

quote:

I don't like America because I am going to treat Obama the same way you and the left treated Bush?

Bwahahahah. [}:)]

Seriously, are you one of those who thinks not wanting to payer higher taxes is unpatriotic (a la Biden)? Not supporting the banking bailout is unpatriotic (a la Pelosi)? How about earlier retirement being unpatriotic? Now, not wishing Obama the greatest amount of luck is apparently unpatriotic and persons that don't should leave the country. You are a joke.

Like Red Arrow, I paid my price for citizenship and right to live in this country through military service, unlike the overwhelming number of persons on this forum (and that are probably at the inauguration) paid their price for citizenship by their parents simply knocking boots on American soil.

I can only hope for America's sake you didn't "knock boots on American soil."

IF YOU DON'T LIKE AMERICA, GET OUT!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 02:05:46 pm »

I wish him all the best and agree in the hope he is our most successful and effective President.  He's got my support.  He may be on the recieving end of my criticism at times, but he will have my support until the day he leaves office as has every President in my lifetime.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org