A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:29:18 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has the authority to fire INCOG?  (Read 7912 times)
Rico
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 06:41:49 pm »

^^^^^^^^"So planning and permitting need to be under one roof, under the control of the city officials who are ultimately answerable to Tulsa voters."

Or the FBI as the case may be....[}:)]
Wrinkle
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 07:33:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

quote:
Last time I checked INCOG is not part of the Ballpark development project.  

Probably not, but way back in the initial planning process, I'd bet they were.

And you'd be wrong.

All-knowing, I see.
Few would actually be able to make such a claim.
...are you a member of that club?
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 10:10:09 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

quote:

quote:
Last time I checked INCOG is not part of the Ballpark development project.  

Probably not, but way back in the initial planning process, I'd bet they were.

And you'd be wrong.

All-knowing, I see.
Few would actually be able to make such a claim.
...are you a member of that club?

Well, let's see. The site was city-owned land with CBD zoning, the site planning was done by Jack Crowley (adviser to the Mayor), and the negotiations were done between the Mayor and the Drillers with the City Council reviewing everything. Doesn't sound like any need for INCOG involvement.
Wrinkle
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 04:45:15 pm »

Don't think you went back far enough.

Even the first posting on this forum with the subject "what about a downtown ballpark?" was prior to all that, and was probably injected as subtle marketing.

I can't make a proof-positive claim, I was just betting.

Remember, it IS INCOG which develops the City's Master Plan, at least as of now. Another reason the City needs its own Planning Dept.

Here's a 9/1/2005 Poll posted by Neptune

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:51:15 pm by Wrinkle » Logged
OurTulsa
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 06:11:06 pm »

The City's Planning Department is currently developing the City's Master Plan.  I haven't been to a meeting yet where INCOG or the TMAPC played any significant role. The TMAPC is the body that will ultimately be responsible for adopting and implementing the plan through land use policy however other City agencies are also responsible for implementing the Plan.  

A change I think would be productive for the City is the hiring of a 'Planning Director' that is responsible for all elements of city planning in Tulsa.  He/She would oversee the long range and neighborhood planning department (department doing the Comp. Plan, Pearl District Plan, Tulsa Preserv. Comm) as well as be responsible for ensuring TMAPC, BOA and their staff (as contracted out to our regional COG or in house) were working in coordination with Comp. Plan goals.

This Planning Director would also have a presence in discussions as they relate to other City Department responsibilities.  He/She would be certainly involved in developing our CIP program as well as providing direction as to what projects are pursued by Public Works (particularly as they relate to Transportation).  He/She would have the ears of the Mayor and City Council.  He/She would be responsible for reaching out to the public ensuring sound planning principals are understood and supported...

that's my $.02.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 06:17:33 pm by OurTulsa » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org