A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:20:43 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Until Joe Momma's opens...  (Read 18459 times)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 11:32:11 am »

I found nothing in Blake's response to be sarcastic in the least. I saw a business owner reaching out to a dissatisfied customer with an apology and offer of a free pizza.

quote:
..and to be honest I felt "Blakes response" was a little sarcastic to be honest with you...

Furthermore, anyone who has to begin and end a statement with "to be honest" makes me question their honesty/integrity in the first place.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 02:08:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by zstyles

You are saying if the customer is a jerk...that you should be a jerk back?

Absolutely.  I don't care who the person is.  There is never a reason to mistreat anyone.  If you act like an donkey you should be treated as such.

Everyone should have to be in some form of customer service for at least 6 months just to learn how to properly treat someone.  

Have you ever waited a table?  Served a drink to someone to make tip money?  Washed a table after some uncaring couple left without cleaning any of the smeared babyfood or thrown fries on the floor? Brought chips to someone asking for all the free stuff and still smiled?  Have you ever had some guy hand you $100 and tell you to let him know when he was out of money?  (no way there was going to be a tip on that one)

You seem like someone who feels like a waiter is lucky to have you and your 5%.

Still douchey.
safetyguy
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 02:20:26 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

Zstyles probably warranted the service that he got!! If you treat people like crap, they will return the favor!!

I can tell you have had no customer service experience or employees to train.....

You are saying if the customer is a jerk...that you should be a jerk back? Obviously you don't run your own company.

I am sure there are "Joe Heads" here who are passionate about this company...and want the little guy to be successful..but unfortunately if there are training issues they should be corrected and if they have I applaud...but in an industry that is highly competitive issues and customer service are not mandated on the customers "attitude".

No customer warrants bad customer service..and to be honest I felt "Blakes response" was a little sarcastic to be honest with you...I will not be using his pizza for our company events, personal or recommend anyone to his establishment...strike one he is out..there are more players in Tulsa that we will try and use. End of story....

Yes, like it or not, it's a fact of life that if someone treats you like a jerk you will eventually treat them like a jerk. Some people fly off the handle quicker than others. I'm sure that Blake doesn't train his employees to treat the customers like crap. I'm sure that its the exact opposite. Blake can train the employees all he wants, but in the heat of the moment the employees may be having a bad day and say or do something they shouldn't.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I have taken the Integrity of the Customer-Customer Service course.

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 02:49:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake

Zstyles,

"My teen-age employees tend to be friendly and efficient and I'm typically proud of the service that they offer."

Thank you
Blake Ewing

How is this not being sarcastic...unless I am just not on the same koolaid as everyone else here....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 03:51:26 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake

Zstyles,

"My teen-age employees tend to be friendly and efficient and I'm typically proud of the service that they offer."

Thank you
Blake Ewing

How is this not being sarcastic...unless I am just not on the same koolaid as everyone else here....

That's not sarcastic.

Gosh, I sure hope Zstyles is a regular in every establishment I frequent.  

That's sarcasm.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 04:08:03 pm »

quote:

"Better mad with the world than wise alone."

Baltasar Gracian
Jesuit Philsopher
1601 - 1658

Power is nothing till you use it.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 10:53:09 pm »

Anyone want to know if I was being sarcastic?

No. I was not.

I am typically proud of the service my teenage employees offer. I do, as I mentioned, understand that we are not always perfect. I think it would be foolish of anyone to assume that a team of high school students would be perfect customer service representatives. I was trying to convey that bad service is not typical and that it is not acceptable to us for our employees to provide poor service. I was also hoping to not seem naieve. We simply aren't perfect. I can't control what happens when I'm not there. I can train them well and even trust their shift leaders and managers to appropriately supervise them, but the reality is that no business owner controls the details of their business when they are not present, they simply trust that they've put the right things in to place and entrusted the right people to supervise the shift.

I understand that the internet allows one unhappy customer with a computer to share a bad experience with everyone else with a computer. I am aware that zstyles had what must've been a very bad experience and I'm sure that the Tulsa Now forum is not the first time he's shared it. I was attempting to entice him in to giving us another chance. I was not being sarcastic.
If I thought he would be unhappy again, I surely wouldn't have offered to serve him again. The last thing I want to do for my business is give more ammo to someone who is inclined to post negative reviews...especially if they are on the tulsa world website, tulsa dot tv and the tulsa now forums.

Zstyles, I've done all I know to do. If you feel the need to continue your negative reviews of my restaurant, you are definitely entitled. I wish that you'd give us another chance to impress you. I truly believe that we would. I'd hate for anyone to form an opinion about me and my restaurant based on one sub-par visit, much like I'm sure you'd prefer that people don't base their opinions of you and your character on your posts on this thread. I think we would all hope that one bad experience does not provide sufficient data on which to judge.

Again, I apologize for your bad experience. If you suspect sarcasm in the future, please ask. If I'm going to engage in a battle of words and wits with you, you and everyone else will certainly know without having to guess.

Thanks

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 06:45:09 am »

Speaking of ammo, you aren't going to have a 'NO WEAPONS' sign on the front door/window are you, Blake?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:49:08 am by tulsacyclist » Logged

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 07:02:50 am »

The good news is, most normal people can see that zstyles is being a jerk and that you're making an honest effort to be good to him.  For every moron like zstyles that stomps off and promises never to come back, you'll gain new customers who are impressed with how you're trying to do business.  Like me, for instance. [Wink]
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 07:14:29 am »

If giving my opinion is being a jerk and pointing out even if they can't admit they were being sarcastic is being a jerk..I raise my hand..but I am being honest..it was a bad experience and just as blake said...one bad apple can spoil the bunch which..he is the owner he took responsibility and I give him points for that..I dont have an agenda and I apologize if it came across that way..I just spent 15.00 on a pizza that was crap...thats it....and when someone highlights a part of a comment with a little remark that IS sarcastic I will also point that out. I am the most sarcastic person around so I can spot it a mile away....

I digress on this thread I think the point was made....

I do applaud any small business that takes the leap to expand though..and taking a risk is what owning your own company is about..maybe we can take this thread back on track to a successful business venture...
joiei
City Father

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 09:16:20 am »

quote:

I'll go when they start making good pizza..the last one I had tasted like cardboard...had no toppings and the staff(of high school kids) was rude to me when I tried to complain about it..never have been back...maybe they have changed things..who knows....

You say it had no toppings, what did you order?  Did you specify the toppings you wanted or did you order a speciality pizza with a list of toppings?  Or did you just order a plain pizza expecting there to be a grocery list of toppings for free?  From my experiences with ordering pizzas, you get what you order pretty much, one time someone left off the olives on my pizza but it wasn't the end of the world.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 10:13:32 am »

Just a note, I tried Joe Mamma's again...had a supreme pizza..crust was amazing...had some cheesy bread which was very good as well...and have to report that I am a satisfied consumer once again and would recommend them to all. Staff was friendly..but my one comment is that they should offer the same pizza's south as they do downtown..(6 cheese pizza etc)...

Thanks Joe Mamma's for trying to win me back..you did!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 08:05:09 pm »

quote:

Just a note, I tried Joe Mamma's again...had a supreme pizza..crust was amazing...had some cheesy bread which was very good as well...and have to report that I am a satisfied consumer once again and would recommend them to all. Staff was friendly..but my one comment is that they should offer the same pizza's south as they do downtown..(6 cheese pizza etc)...

Thanks Joe Mamma's for trying to win me back..you did!

*Falls out of chair again*
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2008, 11:32:39 pm »

=)

Thanks for the post, zstyles. I really appreciate you for giving us a shot and for posting your positive review.

We hope to not disappoint.  

As for the six cheese, I'd love to have the same menu at both places, but the size of the store out south doesn't always merit the large number of toppings and ingredients that we carry at the new store. We only have two types of cheese in the store out south, for example. Someday, perhaps...a bigger restaurant in south Tulsa.

Thanks again,
Blake

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org