A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:35 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Kathy Taylor Be Beat?  (Read 39292 times)
Jitter Free
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:26:32 pm »

We are less than 7 months away from the primary elections and less than a year away from the general election.  Can Kathy Taylor be beat?  Why or why not?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:30:28 pm »

Not by you.

Jitter is a terrible first name. What were your parents thinking?

Free ain't bad for a last name, but I bet it makes fundraising difficult for you.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:00:47 pm »

If anyone thought they had a real shot, they would've started campaigning by now. Heck, even Paul Tay is sitting this one out.
Jitter Free
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 08:20:27 am »

I don't know if she's beatable or not which is why I posed the question.

I agree with sgrizzle.  If someone was seriously considering a run I thought they would have announced by now.

Whoever runs, they better be prepared to be outspent by large margin.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 09:00:56 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Jitter Free

I don't know if she's beatable or not which is why I posed the question.

I agree with sgrizzle.  If someone was seriously considering a run I thought they would have announced by now.

Whoever runs, they better be prepared to be outspent by large margin.

Her 60% approval rating has to be pretty intimidating too.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 12:13:56 pm »

I was pleased that she was able to get a street improvement bond issue passed in a terrible economy. That says a lot for the citizen's confidence in her leadership.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Steve
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 06:40:55 pm »

If I had anything to say about it, she would be history.  I didn't vote for her in the past primary, although I did vote for her in the general election.  She has been a huge disappointment to me, but all things considered, I am sure she will win a second term.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 07:45:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I was pleased that she was able to get a street improvement bond issue passed in a terrible economy. That says a lot for the citizen's confidence in her leadership.

Or the fact that they realized they were paying more for vehicle repairs than the street improvements would cost them.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 08:38:17 am »

What are all the street-related vehicle repairs everyone keeps talking about? Alignment?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 09:12:44 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

What are all the street-related vehicle repairs everyone keeps talking about? Alignment?

I for one know of several people with broken front ends due to the piss-poor condition of Tulsa's streets.

Alignments would be if you're lucky.  A full repair of a front end assembly on a newer car would be like taking out a mini-mortgage.  A-arms, CV joints, struts.  All that stuff is not cheap.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 09:37:39 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

I had to replace a wheel on my Altima.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Wrinkle
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 10:21:55 am »

EMSA Tax on your water bills.

Annual water bill rate increases.

Supported River Tax which would've effectively removed any input by the City for river development, south Tulsa bridges.

Still trying to find way for South Tulsa Bridge, at least so long as it remains a TOLL bridge, after signing pledge against it.

Did I mention voting twice in the 2000 Presidential election?

IDL Tax for ballpark.

City Hall fiasco.

Did she really burn down the Towerview?

Theft of City Club Building

Giving pass to Abundant Life Building, other 58 buildings on hit 'List'.

Reappointment of Jim Cameron and Lou Reynolds to the Tulsa Metropolitan Utility Authority.

...typing cramps...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:24:57 am by Wrinkle » Logged
Wrinkle
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 10:27:51 am »

Anyone wishing to run would be wasting precious resources until after the Super Bowl, at least.

Why would they choose to come out yet?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:28:35 am by Wrinkle » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 11:07:52 am »

So, why does she have such a good approval rating by voters? It isn't so hard to find mistakes made by executives, but oh so hard to for opponents to list her successes. Had the economy not soured in the last quarter, some of those mistakes you quote would have been positives.

Perspective matters as well. I don't know why you guys had so much vehicle damage last year. I drove about 25000 miles on a company car doing multiple stops in and around the city. We had a fleet of a dozen cars working all around the city logging even more mileage. No vehicle damages reported due to street conditions during the last year. Of course we weren't drinking alcohol, speeding, texting, cutting in front, and tailgaiting either. Gives you more time to notice and avoid road hazards.[Wink]  My perspective was that the roads issue was designed as a new source for revenue for a city that didn't plan or execute maintenance very well the last two decades. I doubt they will in the future either.
Wrinkle
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 11:16:48 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

So, why does she have such a good approval rating by voters?

...makes one wonder if TW/KOTV left their respective buildings when doing the survey.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org