A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Blog Boycott of Oklahoma Over Bailout  (Read 8938 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: December 13, 2008, 12:45:30 pm »

Every once in a while I troll the lefty blogs and came across this gem over at DU:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4635988

[}:)]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:58:50 pm »

quote:
Both Republican Senators in those states voted against the auto bailout. Those 10 pricks cannot imagine what that means to this Kokomo Indiana farmboy with 12 extended family members who work for GM.
:banghead:
Stop ordering anything online from companies in those 5 states. Do not spend your tourist dollars in Charleston, Tulsa, Louisville, Atlanta, Montgomery. Do not buy foreign autos built in those states (who were given huge tax-incentives by those SAME SENATORS).
Instead, shop blue states online, buy GM, Ford, & Chrysler products. Plan vacations in the north - lots of educational places to visit in Chicago. Indiana has some great state parks, wonderful museums, Amish country, the Indy 500, and the Madison hydroplane regatta.
:bounce:
So who's with me? Let's go for a little red-state punishment.

They refuse to give tax dollars to Indiana or Ohio, punish them!  (where was the oil bust bail out?)

They don't agree with my thoughts, we need to punish them!

Senators should not be allowed to vote in such a way as it impedes the progress I want to see.  Democracy at work!  Agree with me or I will do everything I can to destroy you because you have a different political view.  

lol.  Reading blogs like that really casts a spiteful "ME ME ME" view.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 04:00:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

Every once in a while I troll the lefty blogs and came across this gem over at DU:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4635988

[}:)]

A fine representation of leftwingnuttia bigots. (Yes, I went and read some of the responses.)

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:17:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

=
They don't agree with my thoughts, we need to punish them!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:14:07 pm »

Here's an editorial article from the Detroit Free Press whining because the taxpayers in this country might not give them a hand out.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:15:01 pm »

Sorry, here is the article:

http://www.freep.com/article/20081213/COL01/81213055

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 02:18:28 pm »

Well I left a reply. Wasnt going to let them trash Tulsa without getting an earful lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
waterboy
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:31:36 pm »

They didn't appear too bright.
rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 09:31:08 pm »

May tribute ever be paid to whom tribute is due.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 10:45:09 pm »

Quickly went through a couple of other threads and there sure seemed to be a lot of mean, rash and harsh posts. A few interesting sane comments here and there. Made TN sound down right intellectual and kind hearted lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 11:06:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist
Made TN sound down right intellectual and kind hearted lol.

Some of them make FOTD and FB sound downright nice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org