A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:56:26 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa full of haters?  (Read 7790 times)
AgentOrange
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:01:58 am »

Apparently Steve Lackmeyer from the Oklahoma thinks so...

Way to go Townsend!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:01:12 am by AgentOrange » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:38:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AgentOrange

Apparently Steve Lackmeyer from the Oklahoma thinks so...

Way to go Townsend!

And Lackmeyer cares why?

I could care less what OKC thinks of us.  That whole 'we're innocent' mentality smacks of the elitism they have so often accused Tulsa of.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:52:31 am »

Could we correct the title of this thread so we don't look like a bunch of idiots as well? lol

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:02 am »

What a little girl.

I started my post with a positive.
AgentOrange
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:01:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

Could we correct the title of this thread so we don't look like a bunch of idiots as well? lol

Aww crap.  Fixed.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 10:28:47 am »

Man. I hate that guy.

Did you see that shirt he was wearing? I hate it. Those glasses? Don't get me started.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 10:28:47 am »

Thank you Jesse for your intelligent response on the blog, whoever you are.

---Robert
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 10:51:45 am »

That guy is such a tool. The whole article is a complete waste of time, and does nothing but perpetuate the very issue he is whining about.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:52:15 am by azbadpuppy » Logged

Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 12:21:43 pm »

Steve Lackmeyer is an unabashed homer--a shill for OKC.  He's standard for the reporters employed by the Gaylord family.  He also reads these forums.  Hi Steve.

Steve doesn't actually have a clue about Tulsa--I wonder when the last time he spent a single night in town was?  He will never acknowledge legitimate points of contention between the cities--he will just pretend that Tulsans are irate do-nothings and OKCers are happily progressive and have no jealousy toward Tulsa whatsoever.  

Don't think Mick Cornett sees it that way  . . .
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:23:05 pm by Floyd » Logged
mrburns918
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 04:17:44 pm »

Steve,

Tie that second chin in a knot, change your tampon, and stop comparing Tulsa to Oklahoma City. Tulsa is much more stimulating. Just ask your wife why she makes the drive to and from Tulsa every night.

Childish, yes. But his photo made me do it.

Mr. Burns
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 03:59:27 am »

Well, boys and girls, it's hard to imagine how we could have done a better job of proving his point.

waterboy
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:01:21 am »

Agreed. He gave us the rope.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 03:33:17 pm »

I hate rope.

Power is nothing till you use it.
inteller
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 03:36:36 pm »

the 80s called Steve, and they want those glasses back.

one look at the picture and I was like "yep, he's from OKC!"

obviously OKC doesn't have as good of a trails system as Tulsa....or at least it is underutilized.
OurTulsa
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 11:42:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

the 80s called Steve, and they want those glasses back.

one look at the picture and I was like "yep, he's from OKC!"

obviously OKC doesn't have as good of a trails system as Tulsa....or at least it is underutilized.

You beat Suarkraut to it.  Surely, we got em' on trails... and pretty art deco buildings (at least for now)... and pretty rivers... and pretty midtown shopping centers... and better downtown pizza places... and I'd say better pubs but McNellies has a pub at 10th/Walker in a beautifully redone early century shopping center at an intersection magnificently re-worked into a traffic circle...oops crap no no all of OKC's bad!  
Anyone seen 'The Hill' being contstucted in the Deep Deuce hood just north of Bricktown.  Those townhomes suck too... so bad I wish that I could find one here  www.thehillokc.com .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org