A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:33:11 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bocce Ball  (Read 9240 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 02:06:51 pm »

We had 4 dedicated players plus some extra TulsaNow folks who dropped by to say hello.

You wouldn't believe the rubbernecking!  Every time we looked up, people were gawking at us.  "Look!  People doing something interesting in a downtown park!...they seem to be laughing and having fun.  Is this allowed?"  

Nothing like people in their dress clothes throwing balls around to get folks attention, I guess.

It was a hoot.  Cannon Fodder stopped by long enough to tell us what to do with our balls.  (And to reinterate that his were heavier.)  (What is it about this game...and the way it makes some guys talk?)

If anyone wonders why there's now a deep footprint in the mud at the new park, I have no comment except to say that it's a wonder TulsaMini didn't lose a shoe!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 03:20:59 pm »

I left several at the grand opening celebration, I'm surprised no-one lost a ball. I'm guessing they had to use a lot of heavy equipment to manuever the tree in and it will take awhile for everything to settle.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 04:07:53 pm »

The balls they presented were of adequate size, by the density and impressiveness of their balls was much lesser than my own.  My balls are so heavy they surely would have destroyed the premises.    Seriously, I'd say each one of my balls is 4 lbs easy.  Sometimes, when my wife plays with them she has to take a break because it's a workout.  

True statements.  The bocce ball set I have is very heavy.  

/behold the 10 year old within all of us

Wished I could have joined in.  My job would rule without clients doing stupid things in sometimes far flung places.  Assuming, of course, I would still get paid.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 08:10:56 pm »

How about some Black Friday Bocce? Anyone?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 09:10:03 pm »

Too busy shopping.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 06:05:17 am »

Sucker. [Tongue]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 07:16:52 am »

I am playing golf in the annual Will Rogers Turkey Bowl Classic. Tell your husband to play...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org