A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:19:55 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruth's Chris Steak House  (Read 41133 times)
stageidea
Civic Leader

« on: November 05, 2008, 04:52:26 pm »

I am just curious but it seems I remember there being talk of a Ruth's Chris Steak House being put in at 61st and Yale.  Has anyone heard if this deal is dead or just slowly progressing?

I could certainly see it being put on hold due to the current economy but I would still enjoy seeing added to our selection of restaurants in Tulsa.

perspicuity85
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:57:18 pm »

It's definitely going to be built, although I'm unsure of the location.  The Rogers, AR location was built contingent on the franchisee opening locations in Tulsa and Little Rock.  Ruth's Chris requires franchisees to open 3 locations at a time (relative).  The Rogers location was likely opened first due to the relative ease of market leadership (there aren't many steakhouses in Rogers/Bentonville that can rival Ruth's Chris, at least according to the target demographic).  Little Rock and Tulsa require a little bit more market research.  The economy might certainly be delaying the project-- Ruth's Chris does well when discretionary spending is high.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 12:10:29 pm »

Looks like the Ruth's Chris commercials have started. I've seen two commercials randomly on tv already. You know what that means  Grin

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »

Looks like the Ruth's Chris commercials have started. I've seen two commercials randomly on tv already. You know what that means  Grin

It's not going in at 61st and Yale though.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »

It's not going in at 61st and Yale though.

I called corporate and they were unable to locate any information about a coming location for Tulsa.

I've got a message in with franchising.  I've got that kind of nosiness.  I'll post if I hear anything.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 01:43:51 pm »

I thought the last rumor was across from BOK in the new development there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »

I thought the last rumor was across from BOK in the new development there.

That's what I heard as well.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »

I wouldn't doubt that RC heard there were already way too many existing restaurants downtown and there are still a bunch to come.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 02:17:51 pm »

I wouldn't doubt that RC heard there were already way too many existing restaurants downtown and there are still a bunch to come.

And yet there's no development down there...hmmm.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 02:23:57 pm »

And yet there's no development down there...hmmm.

Scattered development with a lot of future vacancies and banksters chasing down the guarantors of bad loans.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 05:23:24 pm »

Scattered development with a lot of future vacancies and banksters chasing down the guarantors of bad loans.

what a ray of sunshine
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

Quote from: Teatownclown on Today at 02:23:57 pm

Let's play a forum game. Let's make a list of restaurants and retailers that have gone out of business in the 71st Street corridor in the last 10 years. Then we'll make a short list of the downtown restaurants and retailers that have gone out.

I'll get us started.

Chili's
Tony Roma's (and whatever came in after it)
Jazmo's
Grandy's (and whatever came in after it)
Lonestar Steakhouse
Elephant Bar
Ruby Tuesday
I can't even remember the names of several of them. I'll count on our well informed army to fill in the gaps.

Most of those are large national chains that didn't make it in your version of downtown....71st Street.

Meanwhile, in downtown, we've consistently turned empty buildings into revenue generating, Tulsan employing companies. My rough guess is that in the last 10 years in downtown we've added restaurants and retailers that do 30+ million dollars in sales and employ somewhere north of 1200 Tulsans. By the end of this year, Elliot and I alone will have 500 plus employees. Our companies in and around downtown will combine for nearly 20 million in sales.

Though we keep adding restaurants, sales in our current establishments continue to increase. Read that again. We're not cannibalizing ourselves. More and more people are coming downtown. Downtown's not a joke. It's not going anywhere, and the companies choosing to do business there are loving it. Downtown Tulsa is the fastest growing neighborhood in our city. We've added hundreds of new residential dwellings in the last few years alone with hundreds more planned and in development.

I can't help but wonder when these types of comments will finally wear out. How many success stories do we need to see in downtown before we believe that it's not a passing fancy?

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 10:37:28 pm »

Let's play a forum game. Let's make a list of restaurants and retailers that have gone out of business in the 71st Street corridor in the last 10 years. Then we'll make a short list of the downtown restaurants and retailers that have gone out.

I'll get us started.

Chili's
Tony Roma's (and whatever came in after it)
Jazmo's
Grandy's (and whatever came in after it)
Lonestar Steakhouse
Elephant Bar
Ruby Tuesday
I can't even remember the names of several of them. I'll count on our well informed army to fill in the gaps.

Most of those are large national chains that didn't make it in your version of downtown....71st Street.

Meanwhile, in downtown, we've consistently turned empty buildings into revenue generating, Tulsan employing companies. My rough guess is that in the last 10 years in downtown we've added restaurants and retailers that do 30+ million dollars in sales and employ somewhere north of 1200 Tulsans. By the end of this year, Elliot and I alone will have 500 plus employees. Our companies in and around downtown will combine for nearly 20 million in sales.

Though we keep adding restaurants, sales in our current establishments continue to increase. Read that again. We're not cannibalizing ourselves. More and more people are coming downtown. Downtown's not a joke. It's not going anywhere, and the companies choosing to do business there are loving it. Downtown Tulsa is the fastest growing neighborhood in our city. We've added hundreds of new residential dwellings in the last few years alone with hundreds more planned and in development.

I can't help but wonder when these types of comments will finally wear out. How many success stories do we need to see in downtown before we believe that it's not a passing fancy?

Nobody said Downtown's a joke, but government subsidization of real estate development is not capitalism.

Sales in the 71st street area are gargantuan...twenty times what downtown contributes to the tax base and all achieved through private enterprise.

I am glad you and Elliots investors have so many employees.

You da man...just leave my tax contributions for higher priorities...

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 10:42:30 pm »

By the end of this year, Elliot and I alone will have 500 plus employees.

I am favorably impressed (no sarcasm, I mean it).  I would not have guessed anywhere near that high.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 10:43:51 pm »

Councilor, there will be plenty of churning in downtown restaurants. There is not the constant traffic necessary for sales to justify rents with all that is currently planned.

No way could I be confident like you knowing there will soon be 4 or 5 rib joints in the area....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org