A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:51:35 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ralph Nader calls Obama "Uncle Tom"  (Read 3256 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: November 05, 2008, 07:11:49 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsP6XN2dIo

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hometown
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:22:01 pm »

Ralph used to be so cool, way, way back when.  But then Ralph and the Supreme Court gave Baby Bush the presidency and Ralph lost every last drop of credibility.  But that's all history now.  Thank God.

Ralph destroyed his own legacy right before his own beady little eyes.  Instant Karma.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:59:56 pm »

lol, stupid candidates all running for election and stupid Supreme Court all enforcing laws.  Why can't only the candidate I like run and why do we have to have a Court decide the laws?

But I agree that Ralph has lost it.

Related: I wonder if Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the like see Obama as adding to their power or making them somewhat irrelevant?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 02:19:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

lol, stupid candidates all running for election and stupid Supreme Court all enforcing laws.  Why can't only the candidate I like run and why do we have to have a Court decide the laws?

Related: I wonder if Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the like see Obama as adding to their power or making them somewhat irrelevant?

I bet Jesse and Al remain largely untouched, and probably slightly enhanced.  Obama just kind of vaulted way over their heads as far as his constituency goes, which is now officially the whole nation.  Al and Jesse remain voices for a minority community only.

In related news, via Reuters, Berlusconi hails "suntanned" Obama:

quote:
 MOSCOW, Nov 6 (Reuters) - Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi gave an enthusiastic, if unconventional, welcome on Thursday to the election of Barack Obama, citing among his attributes youth, good looks and a "suntan".  

Speaking at a joint news conference with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in Moscow, the 72-year-old media tycoon also said Obama's election to the White House had been "hailed by world public opinion as the arrival of a messiah".  

"I will try to help relations between Russia and the United States where a new generation has come to power, and I don't see problems for Medvedev to establish good relations with Obama who is also handsome, young and suntanned," he said.

Oh Berlusconi, you scamp!  Subtly belittling our new President to the international press like that!  Why I have a good mind to box your charming Italian ears!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 02:39:17 pm »

quote:

You means the Jesse Jackson who wants to "cut his nuts off" for "talking down to black people?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLGkFpsdHo
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 02:49:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

You means the Jesse Jackson who wants to "cut his nuts off" for "talking down to black people?"

Did you see him on Tuesday night, though?  He was at Grant Park and there were tears just streaming down his cheeks.  It was kind of touching actually.  

I pretty much guarantee that all of that stuff is or will be forgotten.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 03:03:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

Did you see him on Tuesday night, though?  He was at Grant Park and there were tears just streaming down his cheeks.  It was kind of touching actually.  

I pretty much guarantee that all of that stuff is or will be forgotten.

I thought it was pandering actually.  He failed in his attempt twenty years ago.  Those tears looked like elephant tears.  Anyone who declares that he wants to cut another person's genitals off on air (even if it wasn't supposed to be broadcast) because he doesn't like policy or the way he talks to people deserves what he gets.

You notice after that incident how little Jesse was on TV?  No coincidence, I think.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
inteller
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 03:13:04 pm »

you know, if Obama can make Jesse and Al go away I might start being supportive of the fruit.

but considering he likes to hang out with former PLO spokesmen et al, I don't think I can bring myself to do so.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 03:18:39 pm »

As a correction, Jesse wanted to "Cut his nuts OUT."   Which is somehow more graphic than off.

When I saw Jesse Jackson crying, I wondered if he was really moved by the situation, or if he was thinking he had lost his chance to be the first black president.  Honestly, I believe the guy has lost his way and is little more than an attention whore.  I'd be glad to be wrong on that one...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 03:47:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

you know, if Obama can make Jesse and Al go away I might start being supportive of the fruit.

but considering he likes to hang out with former PLO spokesmen et al, I don't think I can bring myself to do so.

Still drinkin' the koolaid, I see.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/closing_arguments_mccain.html

quote:
McCain: The Case of the Palestinian Professor

The latest attempt to prove Obama guilty by distant association with an allegedly questionable character centers on a leading Palestinian scholar, Rashid Khalidi. McCain has accused the Los Angeles Times of withholding a videotape of a 2003 banquet honoring Khalidi at which both Obama and William Ayers were present. The Times wrote about the banquet in an April 2008 story, but says that it can't publish the tape because "it was provided to us by a confidential source who did so on the condition that we not release it," according to Times editor Russ Stanton.

That pledge to a source hasn't kept the McCain campaign from attacking the Times. McCain said last week on a Miami radio show that "we should know about their relationship including, apparently, information that is held by the Los Angeles Times. ... The Los Angeles Times refuses to make that videotape public." And Palin chimed in at an Ohio rally, "If there's a Pulitzer prize category for excellence in kowtowing, the L.A. Times wins."

The Times says that its story last April described the banquet in full. The occasion was Khalidi's impending departure from Chicago to accept a prestigious professorship at Columbia University. Obama spoke warmly of him and his wife, but, in contrast to some of the stridently anti-Israel remarks made by other speakers at the event, "Obama adopted a different tone in his comments and called for finding common ground," the story said. The piece also described Khalidi this way:

Los Angeles Times, April 10: [Khalidi] is seen as a moderate in Palestinian circles, having decried suicide bombings against civilians as a "war crime" and criticized the conduct of Hamas and other Palestinian leaders. Still, many of Khalidi's opinions are troubling to pro-Israel activists, such as his defense of Palestinians' right to resist Israeli occupation and his critique of U.S. policy as biased toward Israel.

Khalidi, according to the story, taught at a university in Beirut in the 1970s, sometimes speaking to reporters on behalf of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (though he says he was never part of the PLO) and in the 1990s helped advise the Palestinian delegation during peace talks.

The Obamas and Khalidis have socialized, and Khalidi hosted a fundraiser for Obama's failed 2000 run for Congress. Both men taught at the University of Chicago, and they lived near each other in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood.

The relationship between Obama and Khalidi is closer than Obama's more distant relationship with Ayers. But that doesn't mean that Obama accepts Khalidi's strident views about the Middle East. Obama has also forged strong ties with Jewish leaders and advocates for Israel over the years. He says he favors a two-state solution in which Palestinian and Jewish nations would peacefully coexist side-by-side, which is consistent with current U.S. policy, and he calls the militant Palestinian group Hamas a terrorist organization that must recognize Israel's right to exist and forsake violence before talks with it can begin. On his Web site, Obama states that he and Joe Biden "believe that our first and incontrovertible commitment in the Middle East must be to the security of Israel, America's strongest ally in the Middle East."

On the site, Obama also says:

Obama: [Khalidi] is not one of my advisors; he’s not one of my foreign policy people. His kids went to the Lab school where my kids go as well. He is a respected scholar, although he vehemently disagrees with a lot of Israel’s policy.

McCain hasn't always been so critical of Khalidi. Since 1993, the GOP candidate has chaired the board of the International Republican Institute, a group that conducts democracy-building activities abroad and is funded by the government and private (mostly corporate) donations. Under McCain's leadership, the IRI distributed at least one grant, for $448,873 in 1998, to a group Khalidi helped start, the Center for Palestine Research and Studies, according to the IRI's Form 990.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 03:49:05 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
USRufnex
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 06:20:28 pm »

quote:

As a correction, Jesse wanted to "Cut his nuts OUT."   Which is somehow more graphic than off.

When I saw Jesse Jackson crying, I wondered if he was really moved by the situation, or if he was thinking he had lost his chance to be the first black president.  Honestly, I believe the guy has lost his way and is little more than an attention whore.  I'd be glad to be wrong on that one...

Those could be tears of joy..... since his son, Jessie Jr., is the odds-on favorite to be appointed by Guv. Blagojevich for Obama's US Senate seat..... Jessie Jr. is much more photogenic than his father, which is what it's all about, right?

"I'm deeply outraged and disappointed in Reverend Jackson's reckless statements about Senator Barack Obama. His divisive and demeaning comments about the presumptive Democratic nominee -- and I believe the next president of the United States -- contradict his inspiring and courageous career," wrote Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), an Obama campaign co-chairman, in a statement sent out after word began spreading that his father had said something crude and deeply offensive.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/07/09/rep_jackson_blasts_his_father.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/11/06/jockeying-begins-for-obamas-senate-seat/

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 08:24:58 am »

I don't know enough about JEsse Jr. to be critical.

Last night on the daily show they had a quip about Jesse crying because he was out of a job.  Made me chuckle.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rwarn17588
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 09:33:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

Ralph used to be so cool, way, way back when.  But then Ralph and the Supreme Court gave Baby Bush the presidency and Ralph lost every last drop of credibility.  But that's all history now.  Thank God.

Ralph destroyed his own legacy right before his own beady little eyes.  Instant Karma.

Jeez Louise, that was a trainwreck. Did you see how one eye kept blinking while the other didn't? It was like we were watching Nader become a self-parody, live on TV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org