Double Coupons?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Townsend:
quote:Originally posted by sauerkraut

"I have" "HyVee"'s "and" "have" "huge" "Mennards"

That is just as helpful as your real post.

carltonplace:
but...but...we have so many Wal*Marts! Please don't look down on us [:(]

sgrizzle:
quote:Originally posted by sauerkraut

I have found that Tulsa does not have good food stores like other cities. In Omaha we have HyVee stores that have super in-store bakeries and low prices they also sell hot food items, the stores are huge, modern and clean, they also have a Bakers stores  (Kroger store Bakers is Omaha's Krogers) and stores like "Food 4 Less" and "Bag 'N' Save", plus Aldi stores and "Save-A-Lot" stores. Many Tulsa stores seem old and outdated. The store most up-to date in Tulsa is the Reasoners Stores. I see a big vacuum of good food stores in Tulsa, ripe for a new food chain to move in and corner the market. Tulsa's Homeland Store and Warehouse Market are old out-dated stores and look like they have not changed since the 1960's. My favorite home improvement store does not market in Oklahoma - Mennards that store can run circles around Home depot & Lowes. I wish Mennards would open a few stores in Oklahoma.

We have Aldi and Save-A-Lot and Food Pyramid which is a new chain developed for Oklahoma by Kroger's.

Nick Danger:
Food Pyramid is not connected with Krogers --

"In 1919, John Ramey bought a small grocery store in Springfield, Mo., with his mustering-out pay from the army. It was a small, neighborhood grocery store which proved to be successful, and eventually he expanded to a total of eight small stores.

In 1939, Ramey boldly established the first modern supermarket in this area. It was located in an empty field outside of town. People thought he was crazy for building a store out in the country, but this turned out to be one of the most successful ventures in the food business in the area.

During the war it was difficult to obtain merchandise for eight stores, so John Ramey consolidated all of his stores into this one supermarket and permanently closed the other small stores. This transition marked an important milestone in Ramey history. In 1946, John Ramey sold his supermarket to two gentlemen from Kansas City. These people followed with a second Ramey Supermarket in 1954, another one in 1957, and one more in 1965, all of which were located in Springfield.

On January 15, 1967, the stores were sold to a new corporation, the Cohen family through Roswil Inc., a Maryland-based company that was taking its first venture into the supermarket industry. Initially under the management of Richard Taylor, the small chain of stores grew beyond southwest Missouri by acquisition and consolidation in rural markets.

Richard Taylor transitioned the management of Ramey to his son Erick in 1993. Erick Taylor continued to expand the company through a combination of acquisition and new store development. As part of this process, many Ramey stores were converted to the Price Cutter banner, primarily in the metropolitan Springfield, Missouri, area.

In April of 2002, Price Cutter acquired seven Albertson’s stores in southwest Missouri, which now operate under the banners of Price Cutter Plus and Smitty’s. Inside these stores, customers find full-service Starbucks kiosks, large international aisles, an extensive variety of natural and organic foods and products, and fresh sushi prepared daily. The format is a Price Cutter store “Plus,” hence the name.

Because the company started operating with more than two banners, RPCS Inc. (an acronym for Ramey/Price Cutter/Smitty’s) was established in 2004 as the parent company’s name.

In July 2007, RPCS Inc. acquired nine Albertson’s stores in the Tulsa area, adding yet another name. Food Pyramid was born. This concept was new and innovative, with a goal of providing helpful nutritional information in order for consumers to make informed decisions about what they feed their families.

Since its initial acquisition of stores, the company has successfully transformed itself into a multi-bannered chain, providing customers in three states with new facilities, full-service departments, and more variety.

Today, RPCS Inc. operates a total of 42 retail grocery stores – 33 in Missouri under the Ramey, Price Cutter, Price Cutter Plus, and Smitty's banners; one Save-A-Lot store in Siloam Springs, Ark.; and nine Food Pyramid stores in Tulsa, Bartlesville, Ponca City and Stillwater, Okla. The company also offers online grocery shopping in the Springfield and Joplin areas."

sauerkraut:
quote:Originally posted by carltonplace

but...but...we have so many Wal*Marts! Please don't look down on us [:(]
That's one area Omaha is lacking in, we don't have as many Wal-Marts. I'm not looking down at Tulsa, I'm just saying what Tulsa could do to make it better. Tulsa's market could be attractive for a big food chain store to move into the area. For a city with  800,000 people in the  metro- population the food store selection is not like what other cities have. Tulsa & Omaha are very simular cities both have almost exactly the same population and Omaha has many more food stores. I just made a suggestion how Tulsa can be even better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page