A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:08 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colin Powell to endorse Obama?  (Read 2412 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: October 17, 2008, 03:49:54 pm »

Fox News is saying that they expect Colin Powell to endorse Obama.  

In what I take to be a typically bizarre Fox News attempt to discredit Powell in advance of this news, their headline reads: "Hip-Hop Dancing Colin Powell Fuels Speculation He'll Endorse Obama."

And they use this photo...

Instead of some others they could have chosen...

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:52:53 pm by PonderInc » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:46:33 pm »

That could never be as bad as "MC Rove"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:20:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

That could never be as bad as "MC Rove"

Oy...I remember watchin' that train wreck on C-Span the night it happened.

I needed mental bleach.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 11:19:40 am »

Hope your bleach is handy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZre8kEsuw

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Derailed
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 04:56:49 pm »

FYI:  I don't know how accurate the information is in this new video is but it is worth reviewing:

Colin Powell Vindicated - al Qaida in Iraq in 1995

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4PKiojj1T0
rwarn17588
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 09:09:14 am »

Looks like it happened:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27265369/

The gist: Powell likes McCain, but thinks his choice of veep is a knock against his judgment.

That echoes my thoughts, for whatever that's worth.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 08:10:19 pm »

A very very classy endorsement.  More important than the endorsement, IMO, was this part:

"I'm also troubled by, not what Senator McCain says, but what members of the party say. And it is permitted to be said such things as, "Well, you know that Mr. Obama is a Muslim." Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, "He's a Muslim and he might be associated terrorists." This is not the way we should be doing it in America..."

It took real stones to come out and say that, especially now that McCain's sole strategy is to hammer on the GOP id in hopes that he can cobble together a victory.
mrburns918
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 01:19:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Hope your bleach is handy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZre8kEsuw

Why? Why did I click on the link? Why? Oh Lordy Jeezus why?

"If I'm more of an influence to your son as a rapper than you are as a father…you got to look at yourself as a parent."
Ice Cube

Mr. Burns
Bob Barr for President
naenae42day
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 06:40:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

A very very classy endorsement.  More important than the endorsement, IMO, was this part:

"I'm also troubled by, not what Senator McCain says, but what members of the party say. And it is permitted to be said such things as, "Well, you know that Mr. Obama is a Muslim." Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, "He's a Muslim and he might be associated terrorists." This is not the way we should be doing it in America..."

It took real stones to come out and say that, especially now that McCain's sole strategy is to hammer on the GOP id in hopes that he can cobble together a victory.

So what are the opinions on this endorsement?  I am very excited.  Can anyone who lived through the Kennedy years tell me if they feel any similarity?  Not in the racial segregation of the nation, but the charisma and hope that this new candidate is instilling in the country.  I would like to hear your thoughts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org