A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2018, 04:30:34 pm
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Better Streetlights for Tulsa  (Read 137208 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #450 on: November 23, 2017, 07:27:02 pm »

Some non-news news
http://www.governing.com/topics/transportation-infrastructure/gov-behind-the-lens-tulsa-brady.html

These fixtures are a big step forward compared to the city's thinking only a decade ago.  I hope we continue that trend by embracing the advances in the technology that make the warmer-colored, more inviting LEDs more practical and attractive.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:27:10 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Cetary
Activist

« Reply #451 on: January 02, 2018, 09:13:45 am »

Automatic dimming LED street lights are becoming a thing, and it looks like they are saving large amounts of electricity. That's power much better used in that Tesla, an actual positive thing for the environment. One could further well argue if any street lighting is needed at all given the apparent limited access nature of the road.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mi8eE_NEfHM
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:17:51 am by Cetary » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #452 on: June 26, 2018, 06:19:10 pm »

A bit off-topic, but geeks will be geeks.

As our infrastructure continues to age, power transmission lines will start getting a new look as they are eventually replaced.  Bixby is apparently in line for an upgrade to existing towers as AEP adds more capacity to accommodate circuits for the new Wind Catcher energy farm.

Its touted as being safer, with less Electromagnetic radiation emanating from the bundled cables, but it appears to have turned the man on the bicycle to the right into some sort if giraffe.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #453 on: June 26, 2018, 08:06:47 pm »

A bit off-topic, but geeks will be geeks.

As our infrastructure continues to age, power transmission lines will start getting a new look as they are eventually replaced.  Bixby is apparently in line for an upgrade to existing towers as AEP adds more capacity to accommodate circuits for the new Wind Catcher energy farm.

Its touted as being safer, with less Electromagnetic radiation emanating from the bundled cables, but it appears to have turned the man on the bicycle to the right into some sort if giraffe.

Some time ago I read that most of the wind farm energy was destined to be sold out of Oklahoma.  If true, how does this help me?

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #454 on: June 26, 2018, 08:52:13 pm »

Some time ago I read that most of the wind farm energy was destined to be sold out of Oklahoma.  If true, how does this help me?

Knowing that most of that generation doesnt come from burning coal? 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #455 on: June 27, 2018, 08:42:17 am »

Same way a Canadian pipeline, going across the middle of the US, through Cushing to Houston, with oil being sold to China, helps you.   Except the wind energy farm hires more full time employees, and brings more capital expenditure to OK, so more tax revenue in the process....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org