A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:21:53 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Joe the Plumber" has a news conference!  (Read 5469 times)
USRufnex
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:43:59 am »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27207215/?GT1=43001

Sorry, but this guy's numbers don't add up....

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/16/joe-the-plumber/

...and for an "undecided," he certainly brings up all sorts of right wing issues, like:

“Social Security’s a joke. I have parents. I don’t need another set of parents called the government. Let me take my money and invest it how I please. Social Security, I’ve never believed in, don’t like it, hate that it’s forced on me.”

“I’m not sorry that we’re in Iraq. … We’ve liberated another country. I mean, you know, freedom. … I don’t know if you guys are Christians or not, but it’s like someone coming to Jesus and becoming saved. These guys have freedom. … Has it kept us safe? Absolutely. I believe in that 100 percent.”

---I smell a rat.... or maybe he's just another right wing koolaid drinking mole....  [}:)]

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:48:42 am by USRufnex » Logged
USRufnex
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:50:58 am »

The Democrats have hastily arranged for an impromptu press conference featuring:

Hometown
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:14 am »

Have you noticed that when the Republicans talk about the PEOPLE'S MONEY they never mention the PEOPLE'S DEBT.

Ever since Reagan it's been all about tax cuts for the Upper Class and shifting the burden of paying for government to the middle and lower classes -- Period.

mrburns918
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 10:07:35 am »

quote:
Originally posted by USRufnex

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27207215/?GT1=43001

Sorry, but this guy's numbers don't add up....

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/16/joe-the-plumber/

...and for an "undecided," he certainly brings up all sorts of right wing issues, like:

“Social Security’s a joke. I have parents. I don’t need another set of parents called the government. Let me take my money and invest it how I please. Social Security, I’ve never believed in, don’t like it, hate that it’s forced on me.”

“I’m not sorry that we’re in Iraq. … We’ve liberated another country. I mean, you know, freedom. … I don’t know if you guys are Christians or not, but it’s like someone coming to Jesus and becoming saved. These guys have freedom. … Has it kept us safe? Absolutely. I believe in that 100 percent.”

---I smell a rat.... or maybe he's just another right wing koolaid drinking mole....  [}:)]

I didn't think this guy was a plant, just your typical media informed American.

That is until you do a search on his name here... http://elicense1-lookup.com.ohio.gov/SearchCriteria.asp

Looks like Joe's pipe is filled with sewer or he is an un-licensed plumber about to open up a business for $250,000.00.

Link above was taken from comments made in the Think Progress page.

Mr. Burns
Bob Barr for President
iplaw
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 10:16:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

Have you noticed that when the Republicans talk about the PEOPLE'S MONEY they never mention the PEOPLE'S DEBT.

Ever since Reagan it's been all about tax cuts for the Upper Class and shifting the burden of paying for government to the middle and lower classes -- Period.

When you ***** about Reagan, you conveniently forget to mention the idiot he followed.  21% mortgage interest rates and 14%+ inflation and gas shortages.

If you enjoyed Carter, you'll love Obama.

Hometown
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:05 am »

The high rate inflation during Carter's presidency was the result of Richard Nixon's decision in 1971 to take the dollar off the gold standard.

You Republicans have quite a history of messing up our economy.

Hey if you are a fan of HERBERT HOOVER -- you'll love John McCain.

pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:43:41 am »

I kind of feel sorry for poor old Joe.  I really don't think he intended to throw himself into the spotlight.  Now the rumor is that he has failed to actually pay his taxes, in addition to not getting his plumbing license.

The guy just wanted to ask a question.  Now McCain has thrust him into the national spotlight, without vetting him.

I see a pattern emerging  here.

USRufnex
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 10:57:08 am »

If you want a Phil Gramm-Warren Rudman style "bi-partisanship" that will resort to draconian spending freezes that will barely dent the deficit... then by all means:  Vote for McCain.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/014/751tryie.asp

quote:
"But I as president, as every other president, rely primarily on my secretary of the Treasury, on my Council of Economic Advisers, on the head of that. I would rely on the circle that I have developed over many years of people like Jack Kemp, Phil Gramm, Warren Rudman, Pete Peterson and the Concord group. I have a process of leadership, Ron, that is sort of an inclusive one that I have developed, a circle of acquaintances and people that are supporters and friends of mine who I have worked with for many, many years."

Republicans LOVE TO CROW about low taxes, but.......

My social security taxes WENT UP CONSIDERABLY under Ronald Reagan.  And I was making close to minimum wage at the time....

The Great Taxer
By PAUL KRUGMAN
Published: June 8, 2004
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B05E5DE1F31F93BA35755C0A9629C8B63

quote:
But Ronald Reagan does hold a special place in the annals of tax policy, and not just as the patron saint of tax cuts. To his credit, he was more pragmatic and responsible than that; he followed his huge 1981 tax cut with two large tax increases. In fact, no peacetime president has raised taxes so much on so many people. This is not a criticism: the tale of those increases tells you a lot about what was right with President Reagan's leadership, and what's wrong with the leadership of George W. Bush.

The first Reagan tax increase came in 1982. By then it was clear that the budget projections used to justify the 1981 tax cut were wildly optimistic. In response, Mr. Reagan agreed to a sharp rollback of corporate tax cuts, and a smaller rollback of individual income tax cuts. Over all, the 1982 tax increase undid about a third of the 1981 cut; as a share of G.D.P., the increase was substantially larger than Mr. Clinton's 1993 tax increase.

The contrast with President Bush is obvious. President Reagan, confronted with evidence that his tax cuts were fiscally irresponsible, changed course. President Bush, confronted with similar evidence, has pushed for even more tax cuts.

Mr. Reagan's second tax increase was also motivated by a sense of responsibility -- or at least that's the way it seemed at the time. I'm referring to the Social Security Reform Act of 1983, which followed the recommendations of a commission led by Alan Greenspan. Its key provision was an increase in the payroll tax that pays for Social Security and Medicare hospital insurance.

For many middle- and low-income families, this tax increase more than undid any gains from Mr. Reagan's income tax cuts. In 1980, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates, middle-income families with children paid 8.2 percent of their income in income taxes, and 9.5 percent in payroll taxes. By 1988 the income tax share was down to 6.6 percent -- but the payroll tax share was up to 11.8 percent, and the combined burden was up, not down.

Nonetheless, there was broad bipartisan support for the payroll tax increase because it was part of a deal. The public was told that the extra revenue would be used to build up a trust fund dedicated to the preservation of Social Security benefits, securing the system's future. Thanks to the 1983 act, current projections show that under current rules, Social Security is good for at least 38 more years.

In the mid- 80s, I watched my Pell Grants get slashed in half for three years in a row.... I watched as a student loan I qualified for to get me through a semester VANISHED..... I worked graveyard shifts at Village Inn to make up the difference....

I wouldn't want any hard working American to have to go through the same kinds of things I did.

Whether that's a 20-something student working through college... or the mothers who will be forced to take low-wage jobs or fathers who will try to get a second job for extra money to try to make ends meet and save up for retirement... or a small businessman trying to get a loan... or even some right-wing anti-gubmint koolaid drinking plumber who is naive enough to think he's gonna make $250k in profits off his new plumbing business... yeah, right.... [}:)]

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:18:31 am by USRufnex » Logged
iplaw
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 11:58:36 am »

quote:

The high rate inflation during Carter's presidency was the result of Richard Nixon's decision in 1971 to take the dollar off the gold standard.

You Republicans have quite a history of messing up our economy.

Yeah, Carter was a victim...

[xx(]

If anyone was to belive your premise, the economy never would have recovered.  If the gold standard was the only thing holding the economy together, nothing could have stopped 21% interest rates and 14% inflation from growing.  Except Reagan, that is.

Using your logic, any success Clinton had MUST have been due to W part 1.

I'm beginning to wonder what history books you read, or if you just make this stuff up as you go.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:59:38 am by iplaw » Logged
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:40:06 pm »

Can't wait to see the SNL skits about Joe the Plumber...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 12:52:09 pm »

quote:

At least Hoover gave a dam.

[Cheesy]
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 03:12:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

Can't wait to see the SNL skits about Joe the Plumber...

Whad'ya bet there's some crack in the skit?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
USRufnex
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 04:57:18 pm »

--Unlike this plumber, Joe the plumber is not a licensed plumber... and is a Republican, not to mention a fraud... undecided my a$$...

"Joe the Plumber: Social Security is a Joke"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sx04zXISnE&feature=user

iplaw
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

I kind of feel sorry for poor old Joe.  I really don't think he intended to throw himself into the spotlight.  Now the rumor is that he has failed to actually pay his taxes, in addition to not getting his plumbing license.

The guy just wanted to ask a question.  Now McCain has thrust him into the national spotlight, without vetting him.

I see a pattern emerging  here.

It reminds me of another guy running for VP that makes up his "average joe" stories.  How bout Katie's restaurant there Joe?  How bout you and Palin meet there for coffee some time?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org