A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:34:33 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wizard of Oz playing at AMC  (Read 3553 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: October 15, 2008, 04:18:33 pm »

Just saw this...also looks like it is the only G rated movie out right now! Just a FYI
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 04:24:03 pm »

Well then...

I'mmmmmmm off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz.

::skips away from keyboard::

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rwarn17588
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 05:37:47 pm »

They gonna play "Dark Side of the Moon" over the soundtrack?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:59:48 pm »

I'll talk to Greg @ the Circle and see if they can get that back again.  I had full plans to do it and they got effed at the last minute.  And no, it didn't involve getting baked beforehand, though I've heard that's a good idea. [8D]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mrburns918
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:42:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

They gonna play "Dark Side of the Moon" over the soundtrack?

I told a bartender at the Cellar Dweller that they should have a PBR night and play Wizard of Oz synched with Dark Side of the Moon. He said he would check into it but I never did ask him what became of it. I will have to hit him back up. Thanks for the reminder!

Mr. Burns
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:40:38 am »

Went last night...the movie was great...very nice picture on the big screen with surround sound...the theater actually had about 60 people in there watching it..a lot of kids in there..I took my daughter who is 5 and she loved it...

AMC did a good move on this one...after we went to the book store and bought a few books..I would recommend anyone taking your kids and going!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:12:57 am »

Now & Then some movie houses do bring out old classic films... A few years ago they did a re-release nationwide of the movie "Grease" from 1978. The one thing I always wondered about is what becomes of the thousands of films across the nation once a movie is done playing? Do they store them in some huge warehouse or just get rid of them? They would have thousands of copies of the same film. When a movie is done playing across the nation, what becomes of that film when the movie houses send it back? An old girlfiend of mine asked me  that question once long ago- I never could find the answer... [xx(]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
ericc2000
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 08:01:24 am »

When the theaters finish showing the movies, the "prints" are usually so worn out that they are either destroyed, or recycled.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 02:13:39 pm »

Well it sure is a surprise.  I thought the Wizard of Oz was a continuous program being in production in the “Glass Cube” Of the BOK annex Tower (shoo --assumed to be the "City Hall)".

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
naenae42day
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 03:46:33 pm »

It looks like the AMC is playing an older movie each week.  Unfortunately, I didn't see this post until 9pm friday, and the final show was 955 that night.  Seeing it on the big screen is AWESOME!!!

This week is The Fly with Jeff Goldblum

Best quote..."**** is what I'm thinking"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org