John Sullivan Getting Dizzy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Conan71:
I Googled Sullivan to figure out his middle initial to do an OSCN search.  I came up with the following snippets from his Wiki profile:

"Sullivan was born in Tulsa and graduated from Bishop Kelley High School. He subsequently entered Northeastern State University, where he received a B.B.A. in marketing in 1992."  

Wow, nine years to earn a BBA.

"In his career, Sullivan was a former realtor who sold 6 houses before entering politics on a platform of tax cuts and less government spending. (see Tulsa World)"

6 houses?  Man that's some serious success to build on, eh?

"A point of contention during Sullivan's re-election campaign in 2004 was his police record. According to opponent Doug Dodd, Sullivan had been arrested four times in the Tulsa area. Sullivan claimed to have only been arrested once. A review by local media concluded he had at least three arrests:[10] [11] for assault and battery of an off-duty police officer in 1982[12] and for public intoxication and disturbing the peace in 1985, while still under-age. His last arrest, at age 27, was due to an outstanding bench warrant issued after he failed to appear in court for a traffic violation.

In July 2004, Dave Pearson, a former GOP communications consultant, claimed he was owed $20,000 for work he did on Sullivan's 2002 special election. Pearson put out a press release attacking his former candidate, and sent a letter to all of Sullivan's campaign contributors: "Sullivan is the most dishonest, disingenuous and crooked politician I have ever known. He is a liar because he repeatedly lied to me and others about his business background, his arrest records and many other things." Sullivan responded by saying that Pearson was fired for "not doing his job" and "owes me money probably."[13]"

I'd thought all his arrests were as a juvenile, guess not.  He sure pissed off Dave Pearson.

I'm still puzzled by Sullivan's meteoric rise in the party, he's almost like Tim Robbins' character in "Hudsucker Proxy".

I'm just honestly not sure I can hold my nose and vote for him one more time.  He really blew it with me about his lack of comprehension on the bailout bill.  I really could have cared less which way he voted, I just wish he knew pancakes he was voting on.  

sgrizzle:
Sullivan also has an ad attacking that her headquarters is the same as the local obama office. That is true due to the fact it's Georgianna's building and she is using space not utilized for her business (Evergreen Solutions) as a makeshift campaign office. All that means is a place to pick up Obama signs. It's not like Obama runs his campaign from a 8x8 office in midtown Tulsa.

Speaking of where she lives, her business is a technical firm with the technical staff in Tulsa. They maintain a "headquarters" in DC but that is largely so they will be recognized on a national level. Her time in DC was very "back and forth" and only a couple of years of that.

Double A:
quote:Originally posted by sgrizzle

Sullivan also has an ad attacking that her headquarters is the same as the local obama office. That is true due to the fact it's Georgianna's building and she is using space not utilized for her business (Evergreen Solutions) as a makeshift campaign office. All that means is a place to pick up Obama signs.

That's funny, because in the Tulsa County Democratic Party newsletter the following announcement was made:

Come Have Coffee and Meet
KAREN KEITH
Nominee for County Commission District 2
Karen needs your support in her race for County Commissioner.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Georgiann Oliver Office/Obama for America Headquarters
1325 East 15th Street

Just because Georgetown Georgianna goes both ways, doesn't mean she get's to have it both ways. The fact is, she shares her office with the Tulsa headquarters of Obama for America while calling herself a "Conservative Democrat" and distancing herself from Obama in her commercials. She's a walking contradiction with a huge credibility gap.

The space not utilized by her "business"(which is most of it) is a campaign office. Meet and Greets, phone banking, and Obama rallies are a hell of a lot more than just a place to pick up yard signs, btw.

Keep shoveling that B.S. for Beltway Buffy.

sgrizzle:
quote:Originally posted by Double A

Keep b**ching about the republicans in office while not supporting a single democrat.

Hoss:
quote:Originally posted by Double A

quote:Originally posted by sgrizzle

Sullivan also has an ad attacking that her headquarters is the same as the local obama office. That is true due to the fact it's Georgianna's building and she is using space not utilized for her business (Evergreen Solutions) as a makeshift campaign office. All that means is a place to pick up Obama signs.

That's funny, because in the Tulsa County Democratic Party newsletter the following announcement was made:

Come Have Coffee and Meet
KAREN KEITH
Nominee for County Commission District 2
Karen needs your support in her race for County Commissioner.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Georgiann Oliver Office/Obama for America Headquarters
1325 East 15th Street

Just because Georgetown Georgianna goes both ways, doesn't mean she get's to have it both ways. The fact is, she shares her office with the Tulsa headquarters of Obama for America while calling herself a "Conservative Democrat" and distancing herself from Obama in her commercials. She's a walking contradiction with a huge credibility gap.

The space not utilized by her "business"(which is most of it) is a campaign office. Meet and Greets, phone banking, and Obama rallies are a hell of a lot more than just a place to pick up yard signs, btw.

I think we just found the producer for Johnnie's campaign commercial!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page