A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:09:41 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SpiritBank Event Center  (Read 25984 times)
FOTD
« on: September 29, 2008, 09:34:30 am »

Ouch! Remy must have taken it in the chops for ZeeZee. Hey that rhymes.

What rhymes with debt? Bad Bet?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:50:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

Ouch! Remy must have taken it in the chops for ZeeZee. Hey that rhymes.

What rhymes with debt? Bad Bet?

What's your point?  I heard it sold out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:19:14 am »

The place only holds 3500?

Did you read the article Conehead?

Just another citizen subsidized maintenance nussance. The devil bets a name change will be in order some day. Remy? Rhymes with Reem Me?

Thank gawd the Shangra lah lah financiers pulled the plug before that deal got too far down the sheetter....
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080929_12_A13_hTheta246902
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:20:11 am by FOTD » Logged
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:04:03 am »

It holds 4,500 in the configuration it was in last night.

I was there, it was sold out and ZZ Top put on a great show.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 11:38:26 am »

I heard it went well too, and the restaurants, bars and businesses in the surrounding buildings were all packed before the show.

I was kinda worried about traffic flow, but we had to drive the area just before the show and it was not too bad.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
tulsapoolplyr88
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 11:47:56 am »

Exiting from the parking garage was a cluster.  (what event isn't?)  But, otherwise, looked like a nice facility.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 12:11:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsapoolplyr88

Exiting from the parking garage was a cluster.  (what event isn't?)  But, otherwise, looked like a nice facility.

Exiting any kind of suburban events facility is a giant clusterf***. Thousands of people all going toward one exit.

It's the funnel traffic flow of suburban housing developments multiplied by 1,000.

Downtown venues have that going for them: spread out parking and lots of streets going lots of different directions.

inteller
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 12:29:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheTed

quote:

Exiting any kind of suburban events facility is a giant clusterf***. Thousands of people all going toward one exit.

It's the funnel traffic flow of suburban housing developments multiplied by 1,000.

Downtown venues have that going for them: spread out parking and lots of streets going lots of different directions.

after the Zig Zigler disaster you have the gall to post that bull****?  Just ****.

I drove by Regal Plaza when it was filling up and when it was emptying out and it was nothing, NOTHING, like the complete and total failure that happened downtown last Monday.  I moved 50 feet in 30 minutes last Monday.  NO COMPARISON.

Here is people's real beef with Spirit Events Center....it was built with no -direct- taxation of the public.  If it is a failure taxpayers aren't left holding a silver toilet bowl.  The Oligarchy WANT SEC to fail because it competes for a certain segment of acts that could play in the BOk.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:48:27 pm by inteller » Logged
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 01:04:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

The Oligarchy WANT SEC to fail because it competes for a certain segment of acts that could play in the BOk.

I thought it would compete more with the Brady Theatre, not the BOK.

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 01:09:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

The place only holds 3500?

Did you read the article Conehead?

Just another citizen subsidized maintenance nussance. The devil bets a name change will be in order some day. Remy? Rhymes with Reem Me?

Thank gawd the Shangra lah lah financiers pulled the plug before that deal got too far down the sheetter....
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080929_12_A13_hTheta246902

Tulsa World's numbers were suspect.  Every other outlet called it a sell-out.

Now, what does Pete Boylan's project have to do with this and what is your obsession with Remy?  Did he try and screw some sand mites out of some $$$?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 01:34:07 pm »

quote:

You must have gotten stuck behind some drunks or some idiots or both.

My wife and I walked to our car, which was parked just East of the Mexican restaurant, got in and were out on Memorial in less than five minutes.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 05:32:32 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

after the Zig Zigler disaster you have the gall to post that bull****?  Just ****.

I drove by Regal Plaza when it was filling up and when it was emptying out and it was nothing, NOTHING, like the complete and total failure that happened downtown last Monday.  I moved 50 feet in 30 minutes last Monday.  NO COMPARISON.

Here is people's real beef with Spirit Events Center....it was built with no -direct- taxation of the public.  If it is a failure taxpayers aren't left holding a silver toilet bowl.  The Oligarchy WANT SEC to fail because it competes for a certain segment of acts that could play in the BOk.

That's what you get for thinking there is only one entrance and one exit from downtown.  Have you tried going into downtown from Peoria or from the north side of the IDL?  There are many different approaches to downtown, you just have to get away from South County to find them.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
tulsapoolplyr88
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 07:33:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

quote:

You must have gotten stuck behind some drunks or some idiots or both.

My wife and I walked to our car, which was parked just East of the Mexican restaurant, got in and were out on Memorial in less than five minutes.

We sat dead stop...not moving an inch for about a half hour (possibly more) on the third level of the parking garage.  Once we started moving, it went quick.  Once we came around the first and second level, they were almost empty.  So, I'm assuming that they blocked each level above to let the lower level clear out first.  I know that sounds stupid, but that's what it appeared like.
inteller
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 07:41:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's what you get for thinking there is only one entrance and one exit from downtown.  Have you tried going into downtown from Peoria or from the north side of the IDL?  There are many different approaches to downtown, you just have to get away from South County to find them.

My destination 100 W 1st St was ****ed in all directions so save that bull**** for the funny papers you ****.....but go ahead and reply with something really stupid like "well you should just have just parked somewhere else that day"  Oh yeah, I'll just inconvienence myself to accomodate a ****ing failure in planning.

My god, do you just get completely stupid and naive the closer you live to downtown?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 07:45:23 am by inteller » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 08:11:10 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

quote:

quote:

quote:

My destination 100 W 1st St was ****ed in all directions so save that bull**** for the funny papers you ****.....but go ahead and reply with something really stupid like "well you should just have just parked somewhere else that day"  Oh yeah, I'll just inconvienence myself to accomodate a ****ing failure in planning.

My god, do you just get completely stupid and naive the closer you live to downtown?

Just a point; I don't think 34000 people work close to downtown Bixby.

And my guess?  The further south you live in Tulsa county, the more anger issues it appears you get.

[:O]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:12:10 am by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org