A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:59 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 East - New Development at 21st and Riverside  (Read 11351 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: September 25, 2008, 12:30:55 pm »

http://rencon.us/index.php/developments/21_east/

Several plans have been proposed for this spot, all have fizzled. Is glass block rowhouses the way to go?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 01:01:01 pm »

Yes.

The condos built there a while back did very well.  Downtown residential is on the way.  The River Parks are great and improving.

I've been told time and again about how "urban lofts" and the like are all the rage.  I've seen them in Des Moines.  KC.  St. Louis. Minneapolis.  Albuquerque.  But none have really been built in downtown Tulsa.  This is a step in the right direction.

Good luck Mr. developer sir.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 01:31:05 pm »

The old Shriner lot. It looks like they have oriented them towards 21st. Its a shame they couldn't slightly turn them to face the money view of the sunset over the river and the hills. They will sell well.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 01:54:52 pm »

A money shot of the river, or a money shot into downtown Tulsa. Either way, they will have pretty decent views.

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 02:08:55 pm »

Huh huh huh, heh, heh, heh.

He said "money shot"

Huh huh huh, heh, heh, heh.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tshane250
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 02:52:59 pm »

So, is this a "this is what we would like to build" project, or is this a "we already have all the permits we need and several people have already purchased units" project?  Essentially, is this pie in the sky wishful thinking or can we actually get excited about something being developed?
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 02:59:48 pm »

Well, it's the same folks who did "The Tudors" right next to it (across from Harwelden).
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 04:12:16 pm »

There was suppose to be "more" Tudors. There was a plan to build mixed use right on the same spot. I guess they changed their minds

http://www.couryprop.com/coury_otherFlats.htm
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 06:14:39 pm »

It does look like that is finally going ahead. And yes they did change the design up from what they had originally put forth. Its interesting that they can put 2 rows in. Didnt think they would or could. But hey, thats even better.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 09:03:03 pm »

The original plan was for one building with first floor retail and 12 condos on three floors above.  Interest was sparse, and the lot was too small to get enough retail to make it a draw, so that was abandoned in favor of this.  They have sold a few of these so far, but I think they need to sell a few more to get going....These are a much higher end concept than what's been done at 15th - more high end materials, etc..  but it will also be reflected in  the prices.  Expect $500k or so to be an average.  The lot is too narrow to really angle them, and if you stand on the lot, you'll see that there really isn't a great view of the river, the real view is downtown and the park.

Rico
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:43 pm »

Here is an article
from the Tulsa Business Journal regarding this development..

There was also this pic of the idea for the design of the interior.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 08:19:50 am »

Anyone know the status of this project?  Such a great location but I don't see any construction.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 09:26:11 am »

Anyone know the status of this project?  Such a great location but I don't see any construction.

I spoke with someone close to this project today.  It was effectively killed a while back but will be allowed to officially die tomorrow (what are the odds?).  Apparently the developer met the pre-sale conditions for financing just as the housing crisis hit the rest of the nation, so the bank reconsidered its agreement.  In short, financing was pulled on the project and it will be shelved for a while.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 09:37:14 am »

I spoke with someone close to this project today.  It was effectively killed a while back but will be allowed to officially die tomorrow (what are the odds?).  Apparently the developer met the pre-sale conditions for financing just as the housing crisis hit the rest of the nation, so the bank reconsidered its agreement.  In short, financing was pulled on the project and it will be shelved for a while.

That sucks, and unfortunately is happening all over the country.  For some reason none of the proposals there could ever get off the ground i.e. Portofino Tower, Tudor Flats, and now 21 East.  With that location and view it shouldn't be difficult to develop.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 11:53:19 am »

The Portofino could have happened, the neighbors didnt want it to through. I am wondering if the Bomasada development will go through now as well? I am also wondering how the development across the street is doing. He got a few units built. I think there were supposed to be 35 eventually. But it looks like they are not selling. Instead of more density over there,,, we now have empty lots and  have less lol. With Tulsa, it always seems to be the timing. We hit it just wrong. Will really be interesting to see what happens in Jenks. If that Main Street project goes through and does well. Then likely that will indicate that the River District has more of a chance of actually happening. If not, I am afraid we may be in for a long slow trudge. If they cant make things happen there with those growing demographics and money. Ouch, dont look good for much new progress downtown or around the ballpark. Certainly nothing of any scale we would have previously hoped for. In other words, another decade or so of, a step forward here, a step back there, and a frustratingly slow progression of mediocre proportions. It just makes you feel like leaving. I am tired of waiting, hoping, and trying and things... seemingly moving, but, not really.  We have so far to go and at this pace... I'll be friggin dead before we get there lol. 

Are we ever going to be able to offer a true, pedestrian friendly lifestyle here? Been talking with someone from Silver Springs Maryland. He says he lives in a suburb. But after talking to him it sounds more urban than any place we have here. He walks to the grocery store and farmers market, to a place where he makes pottery as a hobby, takes the rail to work, etc. Has a great community of friends and neighbors that get together and do things (including a community garden lol). Hasnt owned a car in over 10 years.  If he were to move here... where would he live where he could be comfortable and have any slightly familiar lifestyle that he was used to? Its more likely that I would move there.  Yep, who cares, yet another artist/creative type leaving town.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org