A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:56:23 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cigar bar in the Brady  (Read 4401 times)
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« on: August 31, 2011, 10:28:48 am »

SO a store in owasso is opening a second location downtown, directly next to hey mambo.  They seemed to have been sitting on it for a while, but it looks like their build-out is moving along now.  Any thoughts?  I don't smoke anymore, but it's a nice amenaty that I'm sure that alot of the business class will enjoy.  I can just see them getting off work at the BOK tower and then walking across the center of the universe and sipping scotch and smoking 17 dollar cigars as they look at the new art meuseums and brady town square.  Now if only someone would take over the lettercraft space that's vacant next door....

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:58:47 am »

I thought the cigar trend was starting to die down.  Maybe it was just me.  Hope it survives and does well.  I like the diversity of businesses moving into the Brady District.  Upscale restaurants, middle of the road restaurants, classy bars, smokey dive bars, chocolatier, baseball stadium, two historic concert venues, arts museum, public park, local media outlet, hotel, housing, and more!  Only businesses it could do without are the truck yards.  I like where the Brady District is going!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:13 am »

...and smoking 17 dollar cigars...

The price of a good cigar has certainly gone up since I quit in 1986.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:20:41 am »

For some reason, I thought the one going in @ the Brady district was a sister store to Cigar Box out at RWC.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 01:33:55 pm »

I like to think I smoke a good cigar and it runs me about $7 at any shop in town.  Romeo Julieta Reserva Maduro.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:46:23 pm »

This cigar bar will be the second location for Classic Cigars out of Owasso.  They are working on finishing the interior and it will feature retail up front with a glass enclosed humidor and lounge in the rear.  With everything happening in and around this area, we are pleased to welcome them into the Brady Arts District.

As for the other half of the former LetterCraft location, we are actively seeking a retail tenant that could utilize approximately 3,100sf of space (approx. 22x140).  We plan to provide a new storefront, added heating and air and new bathrooms.  Its a great space with 16'+ ceilings and exposed rafters and skylights.

Know anyone interested?   Wink 

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:25 pm »

This cigar bar will be the second location for Classic Cigars out of Owasso.  They are working on finishing the interior and it will feature retail up front with a glass enclosed humidor and lounge in the rear.  With everything happening in and around this area, we are pleased to welcome them into the Brady Arts District.

As for the other half of the former LetterCraft location, we are actively seeking a retail tenant that could utilize approximately 3,100sf of space (approx. 22x140).  We plan to provide a new storefront, added heating and air and new bathrooms.  Its a great space with 16'+ ceilings and exposed rafters and skylights.

Know anyone interested?   Wink 

Would you install a suspended ceiling at 8 feet with exposed florescent tube lighting?

JUST KIDDING!!!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 07:01:51 pm »

I like to think I smoke a good cigar and it runs me about $7 at any shop in town.  Romeo Julieta Reserva Maduro.

I don't remember any brand names.  I liked long leaf filler from Central America with an all tobacco wrapper.  I am too young (imagine that) to have smoked any real Cuban cigars but my dad said the Central American cigar tobacco was as good or better than real Cuban.  It seems many Cuban tobacco farmers fled to Central America with seeds from the good stuff (tobacco). Through the mid 80s I rarely paid more than about $1. for a good cigar.  Gotta love inflation.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »

Know anyone interested?

ME! oh yeah, grad school, nevermind  Angry

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org