A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:17:16 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorton Performing Arts Center, TU  (Read 29384 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2011, 01:16:26 pm »

Indeed there are larger universities with higher rankings.  But you would likely want to pursue some sort of well thought out process by which you would achieve being both larger and of higher quality. You're going to have to attract more high quality students, professors, build up a good quality campus structure, top notch research facilities, high quality and well known curriculum, low student to professor ratios, attract high quality professors, etc.  They are still working on getting up the rankings with the students and "infrastructure/abilities" they have.  Just opening it up for more students alone won't help that, could actually harm. My supposition is that right now they are keeping the student body about the size it is, while focusing on quality and moving up the rankings, then once they achieve that they can feel more secure with adding more high quality students. 

Which sounds like a good plan, I mean I'd rather them take a long time and achieve real quality than overpopulate their campus and hurt themselves. But at the same time it's just so painstakingly slow. I want instant gratification here!  Cheesy
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2011, 06:49:45 pm »

All your base are belong to us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org