A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:07:44 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods  (Read 13021 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 08:01:48 am »

I think if they build a Dick's next to Hooters, they should build a Kum and Go as well.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 09:18:16 am »

A huge "Dicks" Store closed up in Indianapolis a few years ago on the cities north side. (I-465 & Allenson Roads) it was a jumbo-sized new store that was not open all that long. I wonder if they are having money problems. I was in there a few times but did not buy anything the store was 2 or 3 levels. The building is still vacant as far as I know.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:08:04 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Composer
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 09:48:03 am »

There is an International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) meeting going on as we speak in Texas.  Several people from Green Country communities are represented so we might learn more in the coming months.  Dicks Sporting Goods is attending.  I know Glenpool and Broken Arrow have delegation, not sure who else.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 10:04:57 am »

They have a convention?

Can we bomb it?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 10:21:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

Isn’t Old Chicago going in at Tulsa Hills as well?

I hadn't heard anything about an Old Chicago. I would kill for an Old Chicago, given Tulsa's poor pizza selection. Great pizza and a great beer selection. What more could you want in life?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:22:45 am by TheTed » Logged

Composer
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 03:23:19 pm »

We actually have good pizza options if you stay away from the chains (With exception to Hideaway).

An Old Chicago would be nice.  I ate at the one in Edmond and it was good.  I would also like to see a BJ's Brewhouse

They have their annual BIG convention in Vegas that is held in May, but they have smaller ones around the country throughout the year.  That is how I heard Dillards was considering new locations in Oklahoma/Arkansas and even mentioned a city they were looking.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 05:21:42 pm »

In one of the very first speculative Tulsa Hills restaurant threads I'd mentioned how I thought an Old Chicago would be a great fit for that location..    Perhaps that's where this "rumor" got started?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 11:04:26 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Composer

We actually have good pizza options if you stay away from the chains (With exception to Hideaway).

Like what? I'm not a fan of NY style pizza. Too thin, greasy and burnt tasting.

I've heard Savastano's in Bixby is good. But as a downtown resident, 111th and Memorial might as well be in Okmulgee.

Hawkins
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2008, 01:02:26 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Have they even broken ground on the river district?

The Riverwalk Crossing has yet to do so on Phase II, so I'm just wondering if all this Jenks river development talk is just that.

They said it would take a year of earth moving before they broke ground. With the ballpark leaving, riverwalk expanding (someday) and no good tie between river properties, I imagine the river district has some stumbling blocks. No low water dam can't help either.

Hurdles or not, there was construction going on there yesterday. And the Jenks dam is being done, I’m sure Mr 2025 could give more info, but I believe construction on the dam is supposed to start in less than two years, it’s in the design and permitting process right now.  Jenks is currently widening Elm (Peoria). Elm will be five lanes with a dedicated jogging path and decorative lighting (no acorns). 106th is under construction now too, it’s being extended from Elm to the River District to give access directly from Elm to the south side of the center.

As for connecting the Riverwalk and The River District, two new centers are under construction right now in the area between Riverwalk and River District. These are on either side of Main in Jenks right at the end of the bridge. The one on the north side of main is almost done, it’s going to have a liquor store, sports bar (Louie’s) and a spa of some sort. The one on the south side of main has just leveled a lot of old houses and run down commercial buildings across the street from the new TTCU branch. That center is still just at the earthwork stage. I haven’t heard anything about what is planned there; mixed use is all I have read. There are also houses being moved out from right next door to TTCU, directly over the levy from the Aquarium. I have heard that will be more townhouses. There are a lot of small infill townhouse projects going in the old part of Jenks. A Quik Trip is going in on Elm on the south side of the Turnpike where the tree nursery was. There have been several plans that have come and gone for the small piece of land right behind the Jenks Lighthouse but so far nothing has started there. A Freckles location was the last plan I heard, but I don’t know if that’s still happening.  I think you can say that the area between the Riverwalk and River District is very rapidly, and pretty densely, filling in.

Also, as for access to The River District, a new road is going to be built over the Jenks levy so that you will be able to turn left at the stop light at the end of the Jenks bridge and go to the Aquarium and River District without having to go under the bridges. A new exit for the Creek Turnpike is also planned for the River District at Lewis Ave right next to the Aquarium. These are both happening soon, before The River District opens. So with those new roads and the new 106th street access from Elm (Peoria) to the center access will be very different from what it is today.

The only project that seems to not happen as planned in Jenks is Riverwalk, everything else seems to go just as planned. Of the two projects, Riverwalk phase II and River District, the Riverwalk is the one in trouble from what I can tell, it’s already years behind schedule with no work going on and lots of talk. By contrast, The River District has little talk but lots of work going on. I’m sure they have had some leases drop out due to the economy, but work is continuing. And doesn’t it often seem like the developers that talk less do more? Riverwalk was in the news again a couple of weeks ago again claiming that construction was going to start in a few weeks. About the tenth time that’s been claimed.

Thanks for all that info! I hope it happens, I love that area.

And yes, the Riverwalk being mentioned in the news all the time and then nothing happening does seem strange.

Very nice place, that Riverwalk. Too bad they can't expand it. But that's the kind of River Development I've been longing for ever since I visited the San Antonio Riverwalk many years ago.

Time will tell.

I hope the new sports bar going in on the North of Main Street site is a real sports bar, not the loser "I just turned 21" club that "Dirty Holes (Dirty's)," has become over there on Riverwalk.

--

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2008, 10:17:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut

A huge "Dicks" Store

He said: "A huge 'Dicks' Store" Ummm heh, heh, heh, humh, heee, heee, hee, huh.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:18:23 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 10:49:37 am »

Where is the Dave and Buster's location?

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Who Cares
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 12:26:26 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

41st and Harvard I understand , new shopping center and all, but the one on yale.. is it taking the Bennigan's spot?

Yeah they are.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 01:47:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jne

The only  one I know of is in BA.[:O]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 01:55:50 pm »

It’s the building going up on the west side of highway 169 north of 71st between Mathis Brothers and Best Buy. In Tulsa. It’s supposed to open in January.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2008, 10:05:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut

quote:
Originally posted by jne

The only  one I know of is in BA.[:O]

D&B is not building in BA.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org